The Jamroom 3 Guaranteed Install
The Jamroom Guaranteed Install service is the way to go if you are not familiar with installing PHP Scripts on your server, or you just want to be sure that Jamroom has been installed and configured properly for your PHP environment. Both the Jamroom Enterprise License and Jamroom Professional License include a Jamroom Guaranteed installation, so this service is included with both of those licenses.
The Jamroom Guaranteed Install includes the following:
- Installation of ALL licensed Jamroom Scripts - this includes the Jamroom Bonus Pack, Jamroom Power Pack, Jamroom Payment Pack, Jamroom Skin Pack, as well as the additional Jamroom Jukebox and Jamroom Ad Manager add-ons. If you have purchase a Jamroom Professional License, all Jamroom scripts will be installed with the exception of the Jamroom Cluster and Conversion Server. If you have purchased a Jamroom Enterprise License, then we install EVERYTHING.
- Installation and Configuration of the Jamroom LOFI Creator - If you are running Jamroom on a Unix/FreeBSD/Linux based server, we will install and configure the Jamroom LOFI Creator which is used for "automatic" conversions of any uploaded HIFI MP3 file to a LOFI equivalent. This also includes creating a Custom Button for your Artist Menu to allow on-demand LOFI audio file creation. Note this this feature is not supported on Windows based web servers.
- Installation and Configuration of the Jamroom SEF URLs - we will also make sure the Jamroom Friendly URL option, which allows your artists to use a special URL that contains their artist name to access their site, is installed and configured. This option relies on the "mod_rewrite" ability of the Apache web server. If you are not using Apache, or mod_rewrite is not allowed in your hosting account, this option may not work, and you will have to work with your hosting provider to enable mod_rewrite on your hosting account.
- Installation and Configuration of the Jamroom Upload Progress Meter - If you have purchase a Jamroom Power Pack License (included in a Jamroom Professional License), we will install the Jamroom Progress Meter. This option does not work on Windows based web servers, and requires access to the PERL language interpreter on your server. PERL is a standard install on 99% of web servers, so this is not normally a problem.
- Installation and Configuration of the Jamroom Ad Manager - if you have purchased a Jamroom Payment Pack license (included in a Jamroom Professional License), we will install and configure the new "Jamroom Ad Manager" add-on. This includes creating a custom button in your Admin Menu to access the Ad Manager.
- Installation of the Jamroom Jukebox - if you have purchased a Jamroom Core Unlimited License (included in a Jamroom Professional License), we will also install and setup the Jamroom Jukebox.
- Your Jamroom Licenses are created and sent to you - After we have confirmed that Jamroom runs on your server, we will generate your Jamroom License(s), register your copy from the Jamroom Admin Menu, and send you a copy of your licenses for archiving. You can use your Jamroom Licenses to "unlock" the Jamroom Downloads and download your own copy of of the Jamroom Core and add-ons.
The Jamroom Guaranteed install does NOT include the following
- Installation, Configuration or Troubleshooting of your Server, Web Server or PHP Install. You will need to make sure your server meets Jamroom's Minimum Requirements.
- Installation or Configuration of any additional scripts or programs on your server - we will install and configure Jamroom, but not other 3rd party products such as forums, chat scripts, etc. If you need assistance with these, feel free to contact us and a Jamroom Designer/Integrator can assist for an additional fee.
- Customization of your Jamroom - this includes logo replacement, banner design, custom templates, etc. - a Jamroom Guaranteed Install covers installing and configuring Jamroom in it's default setup. If you would like to have someone assist you in designing or customizing your Jamroom, please contact us and have a Jamroom Designer assist you.
- Working directly with your Hosting Provider - we cannot work directly with your hosting provider if your hosting is not working properly - it will be your responsibility to handle any communication with your provider, or changes that might be needed on your server to support Jamroom.
If you have any additional questions about a Jamroom Guaranteed Install, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks!
Your Entire Jamroom Purchase will be refunded (including the Guaranteed Install) if you have purchased the Jamroom Guaranteed Install option at the same time as your Jamroom Core License, and we are not able to get Jamroom to work on your Server. The following configuration options may not be able to be set on your server remotely, and would need to have the assistance of your hosting provider to change. If these settings are not able to be changed on your server by us, the Jamroom install is still considered successful if Jamroom will run, as these are Jamroom options:
- Jamroom LOFI Creator - (requires a UNIX/Linux based server and the ability for your PHP to run system() commands)
- Jamroom Friendly URLs - requires Apache web server with mod_rewrite enabled on your hosting account
- Jamroom Upload Progress Meter - requires a UNIX/Linux based server with PERL access, and active CGI support on your hosting account
- 2 megabyte PHP Upload limit - most of the time this can be "overridden" within Jamroom and will work - on some servers this value must be changed by the System Administrator to allow uploads that exceed 2 megabytes.