Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom BETA 1.1b4 has been released **updated 10/05**
DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/18/03 05:16 
Yes I was that typo too. No real big. Thought it might be a test. As for the Lable you are not seeing, I had no trouble in WMP9 seeing bioth the radio station banner and the band banner next to the songs.

I think this is coming along just fine man, now all I gotta do is read a bit more about the use of them dern templates! I also need to read a lot more on the NukePHP developers guide as I know ther eis a way to integrate these dern things together!

Any chance of this thing bening in continuous feed so's people can just connect to the channel and it's going already??? I know that is server side stuff Brian, but you can do it!

Gotta go now... got a plug to keep plugin at. So I'll just go and plug away...

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/18/03 05:43 

pasher:

Brian - a minor typo in the sample radio config file - you say the default is MP3, but it has WMA in the actual command Confused
Also, in WMP9 I can't see the "Motagator Radio" I put in the config - does it appear OK in other players?

oops... sorry for the typo. I was testing out WMA and probably forgot to change it back to mp3...

Also - the "radio station name" will only work for WMA in window media player.....

- Brian

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/18/03 06:18 
As I said before, something strange has happened to my WMP.
What other media players does anyone recommend?
Pa

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/18/03 07:28 
Here is a bug! When adding a new user, I got the following error across the top of the window;

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/virtual/site3/fst/var/www/html/jamroom/include/jamroom-misc.inc.php on line 52

It still added the user, but that is a definate issue. Onward we go...

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/18/03 08:12 
DS -

That is an error in the "language" selection section... let me look into it and see what I can figure out...

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/18/03 08:18 
DS -

check your jamroom/config/language.cfg.php file and tell me if it has an entry for "english", "german" and "spanish" in it - if not, you might have backed that file up and not restored it. try using the language.cfg.php file from the distribution and let me know if that fixes it...

Thanks!

- Brian

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/18/03 09:17 
I did not ever edit the original language file, but my current file does indeed contain those entries.

Additionally, I have found that after creating a new band that, even if I originally set the disk quota during the creation phase, the setting does not stick. It defaults to just "MB' with no amount entered. Your config file shows me what the array values can be, but never shows that a default minimum is set. Maybe just an oversight, but I'll mention it just the same.

And I just thought of another enhancement... like you need more to do... The repeat portion of the radio station works, I wonder is it possible to have the repeat function re-call the list and re-randomize it? Otherwsie, the same random list plays again. Not that that is so different from a real radio station but I just thought it might be something to think about.

You get my email???

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/18/03 09:35 

DS_Sultan:

You get my email???

Yes I did DS - and I really appreciate that!!

I will look into the language and disk issues further this evening, unfortunately I have had some "big" things come up here at the day job that are going to require my full attention.... argh!

I'll let you know what I find. Thanks!!!

- Brian

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/18/03 09:41 
You mean this aint yer day job yet??? Laughing

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/18/03 14:03 
Any chance of havin JR just automatcially generate HTML once the save or submit button is clicked. I mean, any time there is an edit your gonna want the HTML regenerated anyway right? Should take that option out of the loop for users who don't realize ya gotta do that after and add or change to the page.

Still thinkin.....

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/18/03 14:23 

DS_Sultan:

Additionally, I have found that after creating a new band that, even if I originally set the disk quota during the creation phase, the setting does not stick. It defaults to just "MB' with no amount entered. Your config file shows me what the array values can be, but never shows that a default minimum is set. Maybe just an oversight, but I'll mention it just the same.

DS - I can't seem to make this happen - when you go to Create Band, it should have the "25MB" selected as the default entry when you enter (or whatever is the LEFT most value in the config file). This will become the default value, so it should always be at least set to that. If NO entry is selected I beleive it defaults to 100... I will double check that number, but it does have a default.

Hope this helps!!

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/18/03 15:57 

DS_Sultan:

Any chance of this thing bening in continuous feed so's people can just connect to the channel and it's going already??? I know that is server side stuff Brian, but you can do it!

DS - sorry I overlooked this from your earlier post. I am not sure that this is capable without a propietary server/client, since this in effect is the server "pushing" the music out to the client. I believe that Real Audio can do this, but you have to use a Real Audio server/client. I'll spend some time poking around on the internet and see what I can dig up, but on the surface I think it would be quite a bit of work and require a custom client on the listeners side...

Thanks!

- Brian

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/18/03 23:01 
I know, that's what I said anyway....

Anyway with the newest B2 version, the playlist now just shows the word playlist instead of all the songs individualy. Did I miss the memo? BUT the song info DOES display OK!

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/19/03 05:40 

DS_Sultan:

Anyway with the newest B2 version, the playlist now just shows the word playlist instead of all the songs individualy. Did I miss the memo? BUT the song info DOES display OK!

DS - I'm not sure what you mean by this? I can see the names of the individual songs in both the MP3 and WMA version (I am using your radio links from your site), and I don't see the word "playlist" in any of them... is something your seeing in Windows Audio or MP3 player?

- Brian

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/19/03 06:57 
Hmmm.. from home last night, all I got was the word 'playlist' in the right pane of WMP9. Here at work it's fine... Wonder if there is a setting or perferrence I got set at home?

Sorry for the confusion Brian. I'll look at it again. And thanks.

Now to get the default styles to work with my nuke forum...

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

< Previous1234Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules