is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom BETA 1.1b4 has been released **updated 10/05**
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/11/03 18:43 
DS_Sultan -

now that the "bug" is out of the way, I just wanted to let you know about your other feature request - the "index" page with a link to a "play all" playlist. Let me look into it as I think it would be pretty easy to add into the rank.php script - it would just be another variable like "{BAND_PLAYALL_MP3}" or something like that.

I'll let you know what I come up with...

- Brian

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/12/03 03:07 
OK - uploaded the latest V1.1b1, and all seems OK Very Happy
Cheers
Pash

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/12/03 08:26 
Works pretty well no dude. As always I am gonna ask fer another spiff. Is it possible to have the name of the song show in the player? Right now it shows 'stream' as the song names, on all of them for WMA. For MP3 they have the name just fine. So that's good.

But the list now plays, so that is very kewl!

Thanks Brian for the update.

Looks like it works for both WMA and MP3. Very KEWL Brian. Great job on this...

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/12/03 09:19 
DS_Sultan -

that is something I have been working on for a while and have not figured out. Once it starts streaming the WMA it shows the song title, but in the playlist it will just show "stream" until it actually gets to the song (as well as when it is first buffering the song). I am looking into it as it is something I want to see as well. I'll let you know what I can come up with.

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/14/03 16:11 
Just wanted to pop in and say the bug where the names of the songs are not showing in the WMA playlist has been fixed, and will be released with version 1.1b2 (coming soon).

- Brian

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/16/03 22:03 
EXCELLENT! Not that I am askin fer much right???? baaahahahahahaaaa

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/17/03 05:56 

DS_Sultan:
EXCELLENT! Not that I am askin fer much right???? baaahahahahahaaaa

No..not at all Wink

DS - I was surfing your CC forum this morning as I hadn't checked it out in a bit and I saw the "Jamroom is now online" thread - in it you guys were saying you wanted an "index" page.... is that something that can be done right now through rank.php or is it something else that I'm overlooking? Let me know so I can roll it out for you.... thanks!

- Brian

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/17/03 07:30 
The format of your Rank system is a bit restrictive in what it will show. It does give me the kind of information I want, but not all of it. I guess I want a more polished look where the list is not so textual, but can include band graphics, almost like thumbnails of them. Don't get me wrong, the info is there, I am just trying to get it into a format that compliments the use of the application. Of course, the more I sit and think about the potential, the more ideas I hit ya with... jet tell me when to stop.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/17/03 08:00 
DS -

the rank.php runs on templates though, so you can customize it to look ANY way you want - you can have the "band image" in a size you want, lump them by genre, etc. The way the templates come by default is not all they can do. I would recommend reading the Guide on using it from the Documentation section. I created the rank.php to allow "index" lists to be generated, so let me know where you feel it is lacking and I can add the functionality. Thanks!

- Brian

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/17/03 09:35 
DS - I've just updates the Motagator webpages to include a bit more of the rank functionality. Have a look. OK, maybe not very graphical yet, but a start !!
I sent you a copy of my template the other day - did you get it OK?
Pash

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/17/03 10:38 
I did read that a bit, but perhaps I need to dive into that a bit more before I go making my statements...

What pages are you saying you updated Pasher? I see the homepage is pretty kewl.. Is that it? Was that a template from you Brian or just html coding? I am just real busy right now and I am reading stuff in between a TON of work on my desk!

Thanks guys.

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/17/03 14:45 
DS - The updates were really just adding some more user options for displaying the songs - alphabetically, by number of downloads, and by date of creation. Hover on the 'Start Here' button and various options appear (a cool bit of javascript I found).
I've also pinched your 'Radio' idea for continuously streaming all the songs - looking forward to Brian adding more feature to that Very Happy
Cheers
Pa

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/17/03 16:49 
Well that's cool, but unless you have a special piece of javascript your playlist won't repeat. If you do, then can I have it. I aint had time to look around fer nuttin lately! Yer site is lookin real good to by the way.

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/17/03 18:58 
EXCELLENT!!!! I got it up and running now and it works perfectly so far! All I can say is great work Brian!!! Way more than I could have asked for! uhmmm.. well, mebbe not actually, you gave me what I asked for. LOL! Anyway, I still got a few things to work out but it's up and running at Collaboration Central.

Let the flood begin!

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/18/03 03:14 
Uploaded 1.1b2 OK
All looks good - had a scary moment when I selected the German language for one of the bands, then realised that I didn't know enough German to get back out of it Laughing Laughing
The Radio looks like everything we asked for. I've got it running at Motagator playing all the hifi mp3s randomly and repeatedly.
1 or 2 comments -
Maybe my PC, but this morning I was getting 'Data Invalid' messages with WMP9 on the PC that was working OK yesterday. Went to another PC running XP (on the same network) and all was OK. Can some of you maybe try it with different players using different OS's whilst I check it out this end?
Brian - a minor typo in the sample radio config file - you say the default is MP3, but it has WMA in the actual command Confused
Also, in WMP9 I can't see the "Motagator Radio" I put in the config - does it appear OK in other players?

But this is great Brian - Thanks a lot
I ultimately plan to have both lofi and hifi radio options - still loads of dial-up users out there, and I'm going to record a few jingles asap.

Cheers
Pash Very Happy Very Happy

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

< Previous1234Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core