Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom Battle 1.0.b10 has been released!
beazyboy

Posted: 10/05/10 08:48 
They only thing I'm allowing credits to be used for are battles ... no purchases ... etc. Strictly battles

beazyboy

Posted: 10/05/10 09:29 
well i wanted to ... guess i can not do that .... Thanks for the heads up man , appreciate it Wink

Elder

Posted: 10/05/10 09:59 

Quote:
Be careful with that. Keep in mind that the credits that you give out will actually be deducted from your paypal account once your members use them.

I also wanted to give an allotted amount of free credits each month for users to use so they can battle. Is there an option so that the free credits we give away when used won't get deducted from our paypal account? Sorry, I haven't bought the battle mod yet so I don't know.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 10/05/10 13:19 

lbeasley:

Quote:
Im trying to start every one with a certain amount of credits ... and then if they run out they can buy them, And thanks would of never figured that out Wink

Be careful with that. Keep in mind that the credits that you give out will actually be deducted from your paypal account once your members use them.

This isn't true - the credits are not linked with your paypal account in any way (other then that you can sell credit options if you want)

- Brian

Brimstone

Posted: 10/05/10 13:36 
I think, Brian, that they were trying to warn some admins that if they put $5000 worth of credits into distribution, that they may not be able to cover those credits if they are used to purchase goods on your site from other artists. Although not directly connected to your PayPal account, the credit system can have an impact on your PayPal balance, indirectly.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 10/05/10 13:39 

Brimstone:
I think, Brian, that they were trying to warn some admins that if they put $5000 worth of credits into distribution, that they may not be able to cover those credits if they are used to purchase goods on your site from other artists. Although not directly connected to your PayPal account, the credit system can have an impact on your PayPal balance, indirectly.

Sorry - you are correct. If you are not using a Credit only system, and give out a lot if credits that are used to make purchases, then yes - you'll have to pay those out to the selling profile.

- Brian

lbeasley

Posted: 10/05/10 14:07 

Brimstone:

Exactly. Thank you man. I guess I should have worded that a little better Wink

bodawg

Posted: 10/06/10 14:02 
Hey Brian,

Would it be possible to have a comment form linking to the particular media item instead of the comment button linking to the artist profile? Or something along those lines?

-Rob

Jamroom Team

Posted: 10/06/10 14:35 

bodawg:
Hey Brian,

Would it be possible to have a comment form linking to the particular media item instead of the comment button linking to the artist profile? Or something along those lines?

-Rob

If you are using Nova it is already setup this way, otherwise you'll need to modify your battle templates to point to the page you want.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

bodawg

Posted: 10/06/10 14:43 
Sorry Brian,

I was just testing it (I know I was clicking the comment button not the profile image) and it was going directly to the artist index page? Right after I read your post I tried it again and it works properly now.. You must have scared my website into submission Laughing

Thanks,

-Rob

DS Flash Players

Posted: 10/07/10 10:04 

CAPER:
can you use the voice over option with the battle player?

The New Button Player does not have a Voice Tag option like the Soundmanager Player does. Thats something that currently would need to be added into the button player code custom. I was going to look into what it would take to add an option like Soundmanager, but it would almost be a waste of time.

If the voice tag can be added optionally in the embed code, then it can be removed just as easy - Thus defeating the purpose of having it. But building a voice tag directly into the button player is almost just as usless, as there are programs out there that can currently rip the songs right out of the players.

Hope this makes sense.....
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
beazyboy

Posted: 10/09/10 14:21 

Quote:
If the voice tag can be added optionally in the embed code

That would be super cool... I know this isn't a fool proof solution [don't know if there is one] www.Mybeatshop.com is doing it somehow, but anyway i think it still helps a little... The only JR Members that really care about this are the ones with producer sites ... Also it gives a bit of advertisement when the player is embedded else where

beazyboy

Posted: 10/09/10 14:26 
When a battle is over and you have 2 entrys and each have 1 vote and you have the settings where votes are only active ... How is the winner determined ???? Been wondering this because it has happened several times on my site

bodawg

Posted: 10/12/10 19:02 
just a couple things I've noticed that don't work in my battle mod-

Control Panel Battle Browser

profile battle-

1) I get "error" Please place a check mark in the "Accept Entry Rules" check box to indicate you accept the rules of this battle!

Upon page load of (jrBattle.php?mode=battle_enter) I.e.- It gives the error before I've even viewed the page with the check box for the first time.

2)Also on occasion (with certain users) I get, Notice There were no media items found in your profile that meet the Battle criteria, or your media items are already participating in other battles!

As Admin, I've set no criteria for a "profile" battle and there are no media items used in profile battle. I have only one profile battle running at this time.

Battle (skin) "open for entry battles" (battles.tpl)

1) The sponsor image only shows for "Profile" battle even though all sponsors selected for each type of test battle all have uploaded profile images.

2) Sponsored by:(sponsor name) only shows up for the "song" battles and "profile" battles even though all 4 types of battles all have sponsors selected

3) When clicking on battle name to view battle- the chosen sponsors name does not appear, instead my site name appears on "video" and "photo" battles, while the sponsor name appears correctly on "song" and "profile" battles (again all type battles do currently have chosen sponsors on my test battles)

4)Not sure if there is a way to view a photo from a photo battle... any plans for this? I know there's the light box in the cp battle browser but what about for the skin?

5) having problems getting ad banners to display, approved the sponsors for ad manager use, uploaded banners.. I saw one of the "sponsor" banners once or twice in the ad banner area and have never seen any again?

Anyone else have these issues?

Thanks,

-Rob

Posted: 10/12/10 21:26 
I'm having some of these same issues as well as when you first view the battle page a white square outline blinks on the left side of the page.

I'm pretty sure it's some java script trying to load or something.

http://www.rpm-bands.com/lists/battles/active

On a different note - how do you make a direct link to specific battles?

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

< Previous1234567Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules