Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom Battle 1.0.b10 has been released!
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/28/10 10:56 
I've just updated the Jamroom Marketplace with the latest release of the Jamroom Battle Module - version 1.0.0b10. This is the tenth, and hopefully final, beta release of the all new Battle module. New changes include:

• New battle begin/end/round-over countdown timer
  • New button flash player for battle view mode
  • Updated so both entry fee and battle purse can be done in User Credits
  • Other small bug fixes

If you are running the Battle Module, please download this latest release and put it through it's paces - I'd like this to be the last beta release, and get the first non-beta of 1.0.0 out very soon.

Thanks everyone for your patience on this - let me know if you see any issues.

Thanks!

- Brian

Last edited by Brian on 06/17/11 13:47; edited 1 time in total
Brimstone

Posted: 09/28/10 16:14 
Hey Brian, Thanks for the updates...

I am seeing in the CP the option to set the voting structure... and then also in the 'Create the Battle section. But whatever I set in the CP doesn't change even the default in the 'Create section'. Thinking it might have been an older set up that wasn't cleared out.

Are the countdown timers active? they are still showing times not set in the battle mod. Looks like system clock times...

Also, how do we get the ad manager to display in that section?

beazyboy

Posted: 09/28/10 17:02 
i cannot get the credit section to work at all ... with all my edits may be i over ride something ... what controls this ... all options show , jus not understanding the credit system

beazyboy

Posted: 09/28/10 22:52 
A new option for voting on battles to receive credits should be added to the quota payment settings, and a variable to show artist how many credits they have ... and a default way to start everyone with x amount of credits ... to manually do that it would take some time .... instead of displaying a $ in battles that use credits use a cr sign for the purse ... and auto clone battles ... and i think it would be 100% ready in my book

Submit votes in battles ($)___________ ?

Successful Sign Up ($)___________ ?

Successfully Inviting a User ($)___________ ?

Song HIFI Stream ($)___________ ?

Song LOFI Stream ($)___________ ?

Video Stream ($)___________ ?

Song HIFI Download ($)___________ ?

Song LOFI Download ($) ___________ ?

Video Download ($) ___________ ?

Photo Image View ($) ___________ ?

Posting a Comment ($) ___________ ?

Rating an Item ($) ___________ ?

Sending a Private Note ($)___________ ?

Just personal opions here Mr. Green

whodaniel

Posted: 09/29/10 00:08 

beazyboy:
A new option for voting on battles to receive credits should be added to the quota payment settings, and a variable to show artist how many credits they have ... and a default way to start everyone with x amount of credits ... to manually do that it would take some time .... instead of displaying a $ in battles that use credits use a cr sign for the purse ... and auto clone battles ... and i think it would be 100% ready in my book

Submit votes in battles ($)___________ ?

Successful Sign Up ($)___________ ?

Successfully Inviting a User ($)___________ ?

Song HIFI Stream ($)___________ ?

Song LOFI Stream ($)___________ ?

Video Stream ($)___________ ?

Song HIFI Download ($)___________ ?

Song LOFI Download ($) ___________ ?

Video Download ($) ___________ ?

Photo Image View ($) ___________ ?

Posting a Comment ($) ___________ ?

Rating an Item ($) ___________ ?

Sending a Private Note ($)___________ ?

Just personal opions here Mr. Green

I think you got some solid ideas yet for this!.. I think I agree on each point...

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/29/10 10:34 

Brimstone:
Hey Brian, Thanks for the updates...

I am seeing in the CP the option to set the voting structure... and then also in the 'Create the Battle section. But whatever I set in the CP doesn't change even the default in the 'Create section'. Thinking it might have been an older set up that wasn't cleared out.

I'm not sure what you mean here. If you have the "old" Battle module (from moonlightcoding) still installed, you need to completely remove it, then re-install the jrBattle module.

Quote:

Are the countdown timers active? they are still showing times not set in the battle mod. Looks like system clock times...

I'm not sure what you mean here either - the timers are based on the values in the Create Battle section.

Quote:

Also, how do we get the ad manager to display in that section?

Set the "Ad Type" to 468x60

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/29/10 10:35 

beazyboy:
i cannot get the credit section to work at all ... with all my edits may be i over ride something ... what controls this ... all options show , jus not understanding the credit system

Can you clarify the issue? Do you mean in regards to the battle or the credit system in general? If in general, please post to the Help forum and we can help there.

Thanks!

- Brian

Brimstone

Posted: 09/29/10 10:55 

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean here. If you have the "old" Battle module (from moonlightcoding) still installed, you need to completely remove it, then re-install the jrBattle module.

Nope never installed any but this one. In the section where you set up the battles it asks if the battle votes will be counted by plays|plays+votes...etc...
no matter what I put there It till needs to be set again when you set up each battle...

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean here either - the timers are based on the values in the Create Battle section.

I have my battles set up to start at 1ma the battle shows something like 17:57 and I was thinking that the countdown would do just that....countdown... not show a time.. which was the confusing issue in the earlier versions

Quote:

MMmM if that were the case, wouldn't my top ad (Nova) already show? It is set to 468x60. I was thinking that it would have a different location setting as it would most likely be from the sponsor... Question

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/29/10 11:12 

Brimstone:

Quote:

Nope never installed any but this one. In the section where you set up the battles it asks if the battle votes will be counted by plays|plays+votes...etc...
no matter what I put there It till needs to be set again when you set up each battle...

That's correct - each battle can be set differently, so you just need to select what you want when creating the battle. It doesn't "remember" what you put there from a previous battle.

Quote:

Quote:

I have my battles set up to start at 1ma the battle shows something like 17:57 and I was thinking that the countdown would do just that....countdown... not show a time.. which was the confusing issue in the earlier versions

It should show a countdown to the start time - i.e. "17 hours, 24 minutes and 5 seconds" with it counting down. Note that this is in the Battle Browser and skin battle view area only - it's not going to do that when you are in the "modify battle" screen.

Quote:

Quote:

MMmM if that were the case, wouldn't my top ad (Nova) already show? It is set to 468x60. I was thinking that it would have a different location setting as it would most likely be from the sponsor... Question

Sorry - you need to create it as the Sponsor profile, or modify the modules/jrBattle/skins/Nova/battle_view.tpl file and remove the band_id from the {jr_advert} call.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Brimstone

Posted: 09/29/10 11:22 
OK never mind about the vote issue it doesn't matter...

this is what my timer shows on the 'Open for Entry tab..

Battle Begins:
10/05/10 17:58:00

and it hasn't changed all day...

As for the ad issue...
Then the ad will come from the Sponsor Quota and that will then need to have privileges to make ads?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/29/10 11:24 

Brimstone:
OK never mind about the vote issue it doesn't matter...

this is what my timer shows on the 'Open for Entry tab..

Battle Begins:
10/05/10 17:58:00

That's correct - you need to click on the battle name and view the actual battle and you will see the counter.

Quote:

As for the ad issue...
Then the ad will come from the Sponsor Quota and that will then need to have privileges to make ads?

Yes.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Brimstone

Posted: 09/29/10 11:37 
Ok got the ad thing...

Quote:
That's correct - you need to click on the battle name and view the actual battle and you will see the counter.

I have no 'clickable' name on the open for entry page?

Really Brian, I'm not trying to be difficult.... Confused

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/29/10 11:43 

Brimstone:
Ok got the ad thing...

Quote:

I have no 'clickable' name on the open for entry page?

Really Brian, I'm not trying to be difficult.... Confused

When you say "open for entry" page, I'm assuming you mean from the "battles" menu option in the skin?

- Brian

Brimstone

Posted: 09/29/10 11:45 
yes?

lol

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/29/10 11:46 
I see no issues here. I'll try to get the demo updated so I can have a place where we can view it.

Thanks!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

1234567Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core