Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom 4.2.0 has been released!
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/03/10 12:03 
I have just finished updating the Jamroom 4 Core Downloads section with the first non beta release of Jamroom 4.2.0!

http://www.jamroom.net/Downloads4_Core

This release culminates over 4 months of development on Jamroom 4.2.0, and is by far the largest "minor" release we have ever done - really, it's a "minor" release only in it's version number Wink

This new release adds many new Jamroom features and updates - with big ones including:

• All new Jamroom User Credit system (Jamroom Payment Pack)
  • All new Digital Store for selling merchandise with item sales tracker (Jamroom Payment pack)
  • New AudibleMagic copyright detection support (Jamroom Cluster/Conversion Server)
  • New update Newsletter manager with new Send filters (Jamroom Core)
  • All new Progress Meter and Conversion status setup (Jamroom Power Pack)
  • Major "unbranding" of Jamroom Control Panel (Jamroom Core)
  • All new Javascript and CSS handlers (Jamroom Core)
  • Plus dozens of more tweaks and updates

For a full list of changes, make sure and checkout the Jamroom Tracker:

http://www.jamroom.net/index.php?m=td_tracker&o=browse

Like I mentioned above, this is a big release, and includes many updates to the existing Control Panel templates, as well as skin templates, so upgrading to Jamroom 4.2.0 is going to require some planning - since some of these items have changed, simply updating the "core" will make it so some parts of your Control Panel may not function properly.

Important #1 If you are using a non-Jamroom.net provided skin, please make sure you find out if your Skin and theme templates have a Jamroom 4.2.0 upgrade available for them before doing the upgrade to Jamroom 4.2! Since there are new template components required to properly support Jamroom 4.2, you're going to want to make sure you have those on hand before attempting an upgrade. If you are using a customized version of one of our skins, you can update your Control Panel template by updating to the new version of templates located in jamroom/skins/Skin_Name/cp (big ones are the "form.tpl" file and "update.tpl" file - with changes to show user Credit located in the "header.tpl" file).

Important #2 - Also - make sure that you have a BACKUP of your existing Jamroom scripts and templates before attempting an upgrade as well (ideally you should have a complete backup of your entire system available). While we have been upgrading existing Jamroom sites for well over a week now and are having very few issues, we also know that there are literally thousands of hosting combinations out there that we have not been able to test on, so please be prepared!

Important #3 - Some Jamroom modules are going to require updates to work with Jamroom 4.2.0 - I'll be adding those to the Marketplace shortly, so after upgrading you will want to make sure and check out the Marketplace for any module updates you might need.

If you are unsure about upgrading your site, you might be interested in having us do it for you by purchasing the "Jamroom Standard Upgrade" from this page:

http://www.jamroom.net/Purchase?4

We schedule upgrades on a "first come first served" basis, and we've seen A LOT of inquiries about this over the last couple of weeks, so if it's something you think you want to do, I would highly recommend getting your order in quickly, as we'll probably be scheduled out a week in advance within the next 24 - 48 hours (your patience with us as we work through the anticipated backlog is appreciated too!)

I hope you all enjoy Jamroom 4.2 - and thank you all for your patience during the beta period.

Rock on!

- Brian

p.s. Every once in while as a developer you come across a tool that simply makes your job easier, and it's not often that I post about it, but for Jamroom 4.2 we're using a new binary "packager" for those of you running Jamroom's cluster server. It's called "Magic Ermine":

http://www.magicermine.com/?jamroom

and if you are a developer that needs to redistribute binaries for the Linux platform, do yourself a favor and check it out - it allows you to create a "universal" binary that runs on all Linux kernels since 2.4 Wink

Last edited by Brian on 08/25/10 10:59; edited 3 times in total
jrMonster

Posted: 08/03/10 12:19 
yesssss! thank you!

audiocandy
Beta Team

Posted: 08/03/10 12:45 
VERY fine!

I'm gonna run it all through it's paces on my dev server, then plug it all in live!

A LOT of punch in this release with REALLY valuable additions. Thanks Man Wink

..Bill

Posted: 08/03/10 13:42 
Nice! Thanks JR Team for all your hard work!

musiccreatures

Posted: 08/03/10 13:53 
Getting an error after upgrade. I changed my cluster server ftp password. After uploading the jamroom 4.2 files from the cluster server cluster folder, I went to the modify server page of my jamroom master admin control panel. I updated my password and clicked the modify server button. I recieved the following error:

Jamroom is unable to connect to the Server URL you have entered - verify the settings and try again.

Code

The following Error was reported from the Cluster Server:

ERROR: (check_alive) The Jamroom Converter Server ffmpeg binary cannot be executed on your server. The following error was encountered:

ffmpeg: file '/home/mus10003/public_html/tools/ffmpeg' has size=8109971 instead of 8110599

Make sure you are using the appropriate ffmpeg binary that is suitable for your server architecture.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim McCune

PS: I used the changed sets to upgrade, if that is important.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/03/10 13:56 

musiccreatures:
Getting an error after upgrade. I changed my cluster server ftp password. After uploading the jamroom 4.2 files from the cluster server cluster folder, I went to the modify server page of my jamroom master admin control panel. I updated my password and clicked the modify server button. I recieved the following error:

Jamroom is unable to connect to the Server URL you have entered - verify the settings and try again.

Code

The following Error was reported from the Cluster Server:

ERROR: (check_alive) The Jamroom Converter Server ffmpeg binary cannot be executed on your server. The following error was encountered:

ffmpeg: file '/home/mus10003/public_html/tools/ffmpeg' has size=8109971 instead of 8110599

Make sure you are using the appropriate ffmpeg binary that is suitable for your server architecture.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim McCune

PS: I used the changed sets to upgrade, if that is important.

We have a new binary that ships with the cluster server that should run on pretty much EVERY single linux install since kernel 2.4 - what version of Linux are you running on?

Thanks!

- Brian

musiccreatures

Posted: 08/03/10 13:58 
The jbserver control panel for the cluster server reports kernel version 2.6.18-128.1.1.el5.028stab062

Last edited by musiccreatures on 08/03/10 13:59; edited 1 time in total
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/03/10 13:59 
There should be no problem then - did you try reuploading the tools/ffmpeg binary?

Thanks!

- Brian

musiccreatures

Posted: 08/03/10 14:03 
I re-uploaded the entire tools folder. Still receiving error. I receive the same error when I click the check server button.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/03/10 14:04 

musiccreatures:
I re-uploaded the entire tools folder. Still receiving error. I receive the same error when I click the check server button.

You'll need to send me your FTP login and password and admin login and password to support@jamroom.net - yours is the first server it has not worked on, so I'll need to check it out.

Thanks!

- Brian

Jynxx

Posted: 08/03/10 14:53 
Backing up my stuff now.... but chances are I am going to grab that $40 install. I have had a horrible day, and I really don't want it to flow over to my site lol

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/03/10 15:07 

musiccreatures:

I just re-uploaded the jamroom/tools/ffmpeg to your cluster and it is working - I'm not sure if your FTP client is causing the issue or what, but I'm not seeing any issue with the binary. You might try restarting your FTP client or reboot and see if that helps.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

musiccreatures

Posted: 08/03/10 15:24 
Thanks bigguy. Looks to be working just fine. I'll look into the ftp client.

This looks like an awesome update Smile Can't wait to check it all out.

-Tim

audiocandy
Beta Team

Posted: 08/03/10 15:34 
Checkin in....

Works EXCELLENT in all regards on our server.... and it also provided a batch of performance / speed enhancements. (not to mention all the new goodies!!!)

Now... off to have some fun with it Wink

..Bill

Posted: 08/04/10 13:59 
Works perfectly first time and I was a little worried as my site is a real miss mash of Cobalt3, Nova and various modifications.

A very happy Jamroom user Smile

Kevin

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

12345Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core