Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Sites and Promotion:
looking for good promotion advice
BJ Walters

Posted: 06/16/10 09:30 
Ok, I launched my jamroom site 2 years ago. I offer a free artist account which has very minor features. I decided when I launched it I would offer free unlimited access accounts,and I gave away very many of them. I wanted the site to look active and very busy as I just launched it,and needed publicity . Well for some reason its looking though I might have to pay artist to join as a paid premium artist. It's like they don't want all the gtreat features and tools the website offers. Is people just tight with there money or is there too many competitors against me. I'm ready to make money with my site. Iv given enough free stuff away. My site looks really proffessional and clean. I have a few sign UPS a day. But I have no paying artist. Does any one see where I'm coming from. My price plans are very affordable. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions about promotions? My website specializes in Christianmusic. I appreciate any suggestions or advice.

BJ
jrMonster

Posted: 06/16/10 10:13 
yes, buy apicos marketing package
look at adtrakz

BJ Walters

Posted: 06/16/10 10:39 
Can I just purchase the adtrackz alone,or do I have to purchase the entire package?

BJ
audiocandy
Beta Team

Posted: 06/16/10 10:50 
It's a tough one getting any sort of cash from artists... when all the largest and busiest music outlets for independent artists are essentially free.

There isn't an easy answer for sure. We count more on our radio broadcasts to generate the revenue, then followed by ad space on site. Even that is only so-so because radio can get expensive and ad traffic keeps dropping.

Sure harder than it used top be, Facebook SO popular, and the rest of the REAL biggies... its certainly harder now getting general traffic on site that it was in the "olden days". There is only so much time in a day... and so many folks I know literally live at facebook now.

We don't use "Adtrakz" yet.... but it looks good for sure and of couse general networking can help )crossing myspace, facebook etc with what you do (though that one bored the heck outta me!)

Artists paying for accounts though, maybe not very likely, but paying for unique opportunities, maybe!

However, we keep plugging away Wink (almost to late to quit now!)

...Bill

Posted: 06/16/10 11:13 
I know exactly what you mean. I wanted to shut down many times and iv came a long way.,I love it though just tired of working a regular job. Lol . Ha ha ha . What would you considere unique ideas? Thanks audiocandy

BJ
audiocandy
Beta Team

Posted: 06/16/10 11:36 
Boy... if I actually knew the uniqure opportunities that artists might pay for, I'd be onto something Wink

Stuff that has sorta worked re: receiving payments from artists...

Using the builtin JR ad manager, then creating ad banners for particular artists that will land their ad atop all site pages. Selling the spot there to artists for maybe 3 to 5 dollars a month... but then selling it to as many as you can (3 bucks per month puts your artist ad banner in rotation) AdManager will auto-rotate the ads, track them etc) something like that.

In our experience, getting an artists to pay for anything once (like an ad spot) is way WAY easier than getting them to subscribe to a montly service at any price Wink

We do that sometimes and in general, in generates a lot more revenue that that same ad spot generating cash from AdSense etc.

Anyway... stuff like that, economical, fast and easy that returns some sort of positive result for the artist (more site views, a new batch of fans a few track sales...)

And something low enough in cost.... that even if a positive result isn't received by the artist, maybe just seeing their ad running around is enough satisfaction.

...Bill

Posted: 06/16/10 12:10 
you get the new module coming

jrMoneyMaker,
Automatically makes ppl listen to your music then buys it!

jrMonster

Posted: 06/16/10 12:13 
how have you tried promoting?

other than within your own site?
word of mouth? net ads? flyers? selling your own music?

BJ Walters

Posted: 06/16/10 14:04 
Well I have advertised on face-book, my-space, shout-life. twitter I have sent emails, banner in magazines.Anything I can think of! I haven't tried Google ad sense yet, or face book ads. Its just a chance you got to take. Like pay for this many clicks and receive this many spots. I don't like that theory.I 'm up for any ideas though that are affordable. But the old saying goes you got to spend money to make money! he he he lol! I like the $3.00 artist banner in rotation. Sounds affordable, and legit! Great idea I'm gonna try it! What module are we talking about coming?
Thanks so much for all you guys assistance! We really need to share ideas and suggestions to one another to help better our lively hoods for a quality lifestyle!

BJ
jrMonster

Posted: 06/16/10 14:42 
jus playin about that...

but adtrakz is something you should read into.

seriously,

BJ Walters

Posted: 06/16/10 14:49 
Looking in to it right now! Looks like a great module! Thanks for the help grind! Do you have this module? DOES IT ACTUALLY GENERATE MONEY FOR YA? I like what I'm reading!

BJ
hiphopbillboard

Posted: 06/16/10 15:21 
Grind! you are funny! "jrMoneyMaker,
Automatically makes ppl listen to your music then buys it!" LOL!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Look at www.BeatsLab.com They make some good $$$$ and artists pay $10/mo

PLEASE VISIT- The#1 HipHop Network
www.HipHopBillboard.com
jrMonster

Posted: 06/16/10 16:44 

BJ Walters:
Looking in to it right now! Looks like a great module! Thanks for the help grind! Do you have this module? DOES IT ACTUALLY GENERATE MONEY FOR YA? I like what I'm reading!

i have the affilate graph adtrakz package...

and NO it doesnt generate money for me,
but it allows you to spend you money wisely,

so you can do "tests" to see your "feedback" when you
purchase ad space from whoever.

you can see, if that company is sending any "vistors that matter to you" basically

ask michael hes a cool guy, he surely does like to talk about stuff like this.
ussher where you at?

BJ Walters

Posted: 06/16/10 16:58 
It sounds like you guys know what your talking about! I'm taking in all the advice! I've tried a lot, I guess I'll be looking into adtrackz! Still reading about it! I find all this very interesting!
Cheers!
HiphopBillboard you got a very cool logo! I actually emailed you complimenting your logo and cool website!

Everybody keep up the great work!

BJ
Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/16/10 17:38 
Hey Grind, Thanks for the promo. (here i be. in the opposite timezone to everone else i think.) Very Happy

Glad you actually using it. Very Happy

BJ adtrackz is a tool, just like a hammer is a tool. Just because you own a hammer doesnt mean any thing is going to be magically built for you. Only buy the tool if your going to use it.

Its a tool for tracking how well your efforts are working. In a normal situation when you look at your website data (through google analytics and awstats) you get figures:

figure like:
* which keywords are generating customers for your site,
* who are your best referrers
* how many page hits you have had this month
* which pages are the most popular.

These are all good but there are missing pieces of data. Thats what adtrackz helps you figure out. It lets you put ID's on the links that you use.

WITHOUT adtrackz:
* "My site had 400 visitors this week, I have 10 sites sending me customers, i had 4 signups."

WITH adtrackz:
* "My site had 400 visitors this week, I have 10 sites sending me customers, i had 4 signups. site A sent me 2 of those signups, site b sent me the other 2. The other 8 sites sent me nothing."

with this extra data it makes it an easy decision to approach site A and site b to increase your presence on their site. maybe buy advertising there. Without it you dont know who sent you customers.

-----

Then after that. Once you start buying advertising on site A and site B adtrackz will track the ROI on that advertising.

So if site A charges you $10 per month for the advert. and you receive 10 signups valued to you at $1 each then you are at break even point. Its important to know if the advertising you are paying for is actually earning you money.

(getting way too long here sorry.)
but if you know
* advert A cost you $10 earnt you $20 //KEEP IT.
* advert B cost you $10 earnt you $2 //DUMP IT.

Then Buy as much of advert type A as you can. because every $10 you spend earns you $20. This is what is meant by "Got to spend money to make money." spend $100 to get $200.

--------------end of adtrackz promo------------

BJ before you start trying to go looking for more customers in advertising, you need to find out why your current customers bought from you. without that your only going to find more customers who dont buy from you.

For this metrics like:
* how many signups are necessary to get one paying customer.
create a ratio for you.

100 sigups this month and 1 paying customer. my ratio is 100/1 or 1%

Focus on reducing this ratio first before moving into the adtrackz area.
adtrackz focus is on tracking the traffic coming into your system.
you need to focus on tracking the traffic already in your system FIRST.

Talk to your customers, find out what they want/need and what they would be willing to pay for.

Getting long, Ill stop now. Smile

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Sites and Promotion

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons