User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
N8Flex:
MSkin install issues
lbeasley

Posted: 09/22/09 09:58 
cool..cool.

webster

Posted: 09/22/09 16:40 
Not sure if this is something you're fixing in your update. But when a member click to delete a message in the Inbox of the Message Center the admin messages show after you click delete. This also happens on your site as well.

webster

Posted: 09/22/09 22:10 
1. When you click the next arrow under "Updates" on the homepage it goes to the activity list instead of giving you the second page of "Updates". This also occurs when you click the next arrow for "Updates" on the homepage after being logged in.

2. There's a JavaScript error giving the following message on the Skin:

Code

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0;)
Timestamp: Wed, 23 Sep 2009

Message: 'getElementsByTagName(...).0' is null or not an object
Line: 158
Char: 5
Code: 0
URI: /skins/..SpryAssets/SpryMenuBar.js

3. When logged in as admin, the alert box shows but it's empty with no link or message.

4. Forum Categories are not showing therefore the Forum topics are not showing because they're under the Categories.

5. After approving the first comment it takes like a minute or two before you can approve the next comment, like flood control is turned on. After you approve the second comment you can continue to approve the rest of the comments without waiting.

6. Under the alerts, "Friend Requests" are not showing when someone gets a request, this is the same for new "Comments". New comments don't show under alerts either. Currently, only "New Messages" appear in the alerts box.

7. When members delete a message in the "Inbox" of the Message Center, the admin messages load after clicking Delete.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/23/09 08:43 

webster:
1. When you click the next arrow under "Updates" on the homepage it goes to the activity list instead of giving you the second page of "Updates". This also occurs when you click the next arrow for "Updates" on the homepage after being logged in.

Code

Webpage error details

3. When logged in as admin, the alert box shows but it's empty with no link or message.

4. Forum Categories are not showing therefore the Forum topics are not showing because they're under the Categories.

5. After approving the first comment it takes like a minute or two before you can approve the next comment, like flood control is turned on. After you approve the second comment you can continue to approve the rest of the comments without waiting.

6. Under the alerts, "Friend Requests" are not showing when someone gets a request, this is the same for new "Comments". New comments don't show under alerts either. Currently, only "New Messages" appear in the alerts box.

7. When members delete a message in the "Inbox" of the Message Center, the admin messages load after clicking Delete.

1. This is a jamroom bug I was told has been fixed. I'll check it out.
2. I'm not seeing this error show me a link.
3. I'll have to make a tool to reset your user_new_note count.
4. There was a javascript typo that was calling the forum improperly.
5. I believe the profile gets rebuilt on the first approval. I'll see if I can kill that.
6. Make sure you have you uploaded the "template" folder that is included in the zip.
7. This issue has been fixed.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/23/09 10:20 
For #1 I don't see that it is a Jamroom error - if you can please let me know what you think the error is, that would be great.

Thanks!

- Brian

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/23/09 10:23 
It appears that media type isn't being passed to the next page url.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/23/09 10:27 

Natedogg265:

And this is for "action" ranking mode?

Thanks!

- Brian

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/23/09 12:06 

bigguy:

Natedogg265:

And this is for "action" ranking mode?

Thanks!

- Brian

Yes sir.

webster

Posted: 09/23/09 15:40 

Natedogg265:

webster:

Code

Webpage error details

1. This is a jamroom bug I was told has been fixed. I'll check it out.
2. I'm not seeing this error show me a link.
3. I'll have to make a tool to reset your user_new_note count.
4. There was a javascript typo that was calling the forum improperly.
5. I believe the profile gets rebuilt on the first approval. I'll see if I can kill that.
6. Make sure you have you uploaded the "template" folder that is included in the zip.
7. This issue has been fixed.

1. Ok
2. Found out what the javascript error was -- an <li wasn't closed in the header when I added an extra menu option. Oops.
3. Will be looking forward to the tool to reset new note count.
4. Forums are working fine now.
5. Ok.
6. Still having this issue, looking forward to the fix.
7. Looking forward to the update.

webster

Posted: 09/23/09 15:42 
By the way, it would be good if you could make a changeset zip for those who have already modified their skin/theme or provide info on which files were changed in your updates because I see you sent the entire zip all over again in the last update.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/23/09 15:48 

webster:
By the way, it would be good if you could make a changeset zip for those who have already modified their skin/theme or provide info on which files were changed in your updates because I see you sent the entire zip all over again in the last update.

I'll have to start one. Never did it before so I will have to figure it out.

webster

Posted: 09/26/09 14:36 
New friend requests, new comments are not showing in the alerts box.

Only "New messages!" and "New invitations!" are showing.

Here's another issue as for the groups - If an invitation has been sent before a group was deleted, the alert still shows as a new invitation. There probably should be some type of check to see if the group has been deleted and which should be deleted from the inbox, since when you click to deny the deleted group in the Inbox, the input button shows error and there's no way to delete it.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/26/09 14:50 

webster:
New friend requests, new comments are not showing in the alerts box.

Only "New messages!" and "New invitations!" are showing.

Here's another issue as for the groups - If an invitation has been sent before a group was deleted, the alert still shows as a new invitation. There probably should be some type of check to see if the group has been deleted and which should be deleted from the inbox, since when you click to deny the deleted group in the Inbox, the input button shows error and there's no way to delete it.

1. Make sure your email templates from the MSkin folder are in place. Those invites will just have to be deleted by the recipient.

webster

Posted: 09/26/09 15:00 
Thanks that seemed to have worked. Not sure how I missed it.

webster

Posted: 09/26/09 15:49 
When a user doesn't upload an image for their blog post it shows as a missing image (red X on IE) on their profile when you click "Show All".

Another issue having to do with blog posts is that when you're looking at a blog post on the blog post page, the URL code box stretches out on Internet Explorer.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
N8Flex

< Previous123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules