is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom BETA 1.1b4 has been released **updated 10/05**
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/19/03 07:31 
DS -

I just installed WMP9 and I see what you are talking about. For some reason it only shows "PlayList1" in the window, and not the individual songs. Its works no problem in WMP8, so I wonder what MS did to 9...

did it work for you before the 1.1b2 upgrade? I'll look into what I changed that might have impacted that.... thanks!

- Brian

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/19/03 08:44 
It works on my WMP9 at work. but not at home. Same version of the player. Aint sure why.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/19/03 21:04 
Hmm... I upgraded both of the home systems (my development machine as well as another computer) to WMP9 - it works just great on my wife's computer, but on mine all I get is the "Playlist1" as well... this is very wierd..

DS - are both of the computers you are using running the same OS? only thing I can think is my wife's computer is Windows 2000 whereas mine is XP Pro...

Still looking into it - I'll update if I make any progress...

- Brian

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/19/03 23:00 
Both are win2k... but my home PC will not show the list anymore.. my work PC does... so I can only start looking at the versions of WMP9 and/or the patch level of my win2k machines.. tho I swear it worked before the second itteration of beta2.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/20/03 09:59 

DS_Sultan:

tho I swear it worked before the second itteration of beta2.

DS - the only change I had between the 2 beta2 versions was for the disk quotas - play.php stayed the same..

I have posted to Microsoft's help forum and am awaiting an answer, as I have tried everything I can think of on my end, and am now sure it is a WMP9 problem, not a Jamroom problem.

I'll keep you posted.

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/22/03 05:57 
I'm still looking into why WMP9 doesn't expand the remote playlist, but I did receive this e-mail back from an MS "peer-to-peer" support person:

Quote:

It's a stupid new feature of WMP9 - remote playlists won't expand in the Now
Playing view/playlist. So... there's no great way to overcome this design
feature. If you manage to find a work-around (and I vaguely understand that there may be a couple involving switching player context or the like, but I don't believe there's anything at all easy or reliable), be happy with it.
Otherwise... yeah, agreed, this is annoying and seemingly purposeless. :\

-Zach

I'm trynig to find the "couple workarounds" but so far have been unsuccessful. I have e-mailed him back to see if it is "officially" posted on MS's site, but have not had a response as of yet. If not, I will open it as a bug with MS and see what their response is....

- Brian

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/22/03 06:31 
Well it does not make sense as it works for me here at work but not at home which I thought were the same versions. But I could be wrong on either my OS patch levels or my WMP9 version.. mebbe it's a slight rev difference in the media player itself. Keep lookin man, it'l get fixed

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/23/03 13:35 

DS_Sultan:

mebbe it's a slight rev difference in the media player itself.

I Installed the exact same download myself on both systems, one works and the other doesn't. Still no reply from MS either... I'm beginning to get irritiated Twisted Evil Wink

Quick question - when I update this thread does it flag it as "new" for you by highlighting it? I am wondering if people are seeing my updates to threads...

- Brian

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/23/03 17:05 
Yes it flags as having a new post on it... so I look for that. Looking forward to B3... ***runs down the hall to the download section...***

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/25/03 02:02 
Just uploaded V1.1b3
Looks OK so far - As I said in another post, I'm not using this signup system yet, so can't comment on that.
Went into the config.cfg.php file to turn the 'auto-generate' on, and while there, added a '20' MByte option to the user disk space (before the '25' option).
And now the slight anomoly - when selecting this option as 'admin', the 20 appears after the 25, and before the 50 !!!
No big deal - just thought I'd let you know.
Cheers
Paul

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/25/03 05:48 

pasher:
Just uploaded V1.1b3
Looks OK so far - As I said in another post, I'm not using this signup system yet, so can't comment on that.
Went into the config.cfg.php file to turn the 'auto-generate' on, and while there, added a '20' MByte option to the user disk space (before the '25' option).
And now the slight anomoly - when selecting this option as 'admin', the 20 appears after the 25, and before the 50 !!!
No big deal - just thought I'd let you know.
Cheers
Paul

I'll check this out Paul - I sort the list before showing it, so it should do it in correct order. I'll see what's going on and let you know. Thanks!!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

< Previous1234

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons