is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
JBSservers PHP 5.3.26 / Projam2 / JR 4.2.7 errors
iLoveHouseMusic

Posted: 07/23/13 17:01 

SteveX:

iLoveHouseMusic:
...because I dont plan on staying with Jamroom as my CMS in the future.

Then I'd say you are making your biggest mistake, and it would be a shame to see you go.

I just bought the SuperPack and downloaded RC1.... I suppose I could give it a run on one of my many "to do" sites... Mr. Green

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 07/23/13 17:04 

SteveX:
Does it help to rename it as "hotfix for the few"?

It would be nice to be able to load a software on to a server and not have an issue straight out of the box. Hotfix for the few or not, its what you would hope to see when you run a new software. Until jamroom 5 is stable, it shouldn't be considered the solution to jamroom 4 issues... And since its not a direct upgrade to jamroom 4, its still a patched software to the many.

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 07/23/13 17:06 

iLoveHouseMusic:

SteveX:

iLoveHouseMusic:
...because I dont plan on staying with Jamroom as my CMS in the future.

Then I'd say you are making your biggest mistake, and it would be a shame to see you go.

I just bought the SuperPack and downloaded RC1.... I suppose I could give it a run on one of my many "to do" sites... Mr. Green

Please do, and please post back here if I am wrong.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
ktb1025

Posted: 07/23/13 17:10 

SteveX:
Books aren't closed on jr4 yet. It might still turn out to be the better version.

But I'm almost 100% sure that jr5 beats it by a mile. Very Happy

I wouldn't bet on JR5 being an inferior version either. With all the support and forward progress it's bound to be very robust in both form and function. I have a handful of reasons to stay put for now with JR4. But I did hedge my bets and purchase the JR5+Super Pack. I suppose one day soon I'll join the fun and get myself up to speed, but I like what I got right now because it's familiar & for the most part it works flawlessly.

Home of TTF-TV!!!
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 07/23/13 17:14 
I'm just being cheeky now...

Leave it on jr4 for a couple of years and start a new jr5 venture.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/23/13 22:22 

ktb1025:
I think it would be fair to everyone to end JR4 with a stable version, not fixes or whatever you want to call them, and let those who want to move on to JR5 go ahead and do so. Those who for now are staying with JR4 should be able to run their site without issue with a stable version so you can close the books on it.

4.3.0 is stable as far as I know on any php up to 5.2 The changes in 4.3.1 are all to address changes in the way php works after that version.

As php changes more, its fair to expect that other stuff will break for JR4.

ktb1025

Posted: 07/24/13 07:34 

Michael:

ktb1025:
I think it would be fair to everyone to end JR4 with a stable version, not fixes or whatever you want to call them, and let those who want to move on to JR5 go ahead and do so. Those who for now are staying with JR4 should be able to run their site without issue with a stable version so you can close the books on it.

4.3.0 is stable as far as I know on any php up to 5.2 The changes in 4.3.1 are all to address changes in the way php works after that version.

As php changes more, its fair to expect that other stuff will break for JR4.

That's a valid point, until you consider the overlap between the attempts to fix the 4.3.1 version, and the introduction of JR5. There's a grey zone in there, and it makes me feel uncomfortable that I have a partially "hotfixed" 4.3.1 and with limited or no support, while everyone else is focused on the long awaited JR5. It just seems wrong to me. My point is, deliver a stable 4.3.2 and move on.

Home of TTF-TV!!!
iLoveHouseMusic

Posted: 07/24/13 08:08 

ktb1025:

That's a valid point, until you consider the overlap between the attempts to fix the 4.3.1 version, and the introduction of JR5. There's a grey zone in there, and it makes me feel uncomfortable that I have a partially "hotfixed" 4.3.1 and with limited or no support, while everyone else is focused on the long awaited JR5. It just seems wrong to me. My point is, deliver a stable 4.3.2 and move on.

Agreed.

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/24/13 16:56 

iLoveHouseMusic:
deliver a stable 4.3.2 and move on.

Stable on php 5.3? stable on php 5.2?

ktb1025

Posted: 07/24/13 22:49 

Michael:

iLoveHouseMusic:
deliver a stable 4.3.2 and move on.

Stable on php 5.3? stable on php 5.2?

Stable on the version that was out when the hotfixes were issued? Or the version that the hotfixes were implemented to accommodate? I don't know, I'm a sound guy Smile

Home of TTF-TV!!!
american

Posted: 07/25/13 01:06 

iLoveHouseMusic:

ktb1025:

Agreed.
Arrow

You can't really say no support.. as per previous version, there is tons of repeated help queries in the board.. I'd say 99% of all help issues on previous versions will fix your issue.. third party purchases is another issue..

So... can't say no support, the broadcasting world is changing..

I hope they remember the shoutcast link to the audio files.. for live station jbservers.net app.

A similar video link would be nice...

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/25/13 01:47 

ktb1025:
Stable on the version that was out when the hotfixes were issued? Or the version that the hotfixes were implemented to accommodate? I don't know, I'm a sound guy Smile

Smile

If I wanted to run a stable JR4 I would run 4.3.0 on php 5.2. The hotfixes were only bought out to try to address issues that were caused by 5.3 turning off support for older stuff.

Stuff like error logs full of:

Quote:
[29-Sep-2012 02:25:15 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/skins/Nova/cp/form.cfg on line 7 in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/include/jamroom-html.inc.php on line 1772

and

Quote:
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/include/pear/XML/HTMLSax3.php on line 486

ktb1025

Posted: 07/25/13 07:58 

Michael:

ktb1025:

Smile

If I wanted to run a stable JR4 I would run 4.3.0 on php 5.2. The hotfixes were only bought out to try to address issues that were caused by 5.3 turning off support for older stuff.

Stuff like error logs full of:

Quote:
[29-Sep-2012 02:25:15 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/skins/Nova/cp/form.cfg on line 7 in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/include/jamroom-html.inc.php on line 1772

and

Quote:
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/include/pear/XML/HTMLSax3.php on line 486

That is correct, until 4.3.1 came out and I uploaded it on my server. About the same time there began a buzz for JR5. I can't pinpoint dates, but my gut tells me that JR4.3.1 was an attempt to fix older issues you mentioned above. While that was happening, for whatever reason, instead of making one last stable version of JR4.3.x, several hot fixes were implemented making JR 4.3.1 an incomplete version. So now on my server I have 4.3.1 and a few hotfixes. What I'd like to see, and what I think is fair, would be a stable version 4.3.2 that addresses all previous issues. Then you can close the books on it, and no one can claim that it was (for lack of a better word) abandoned.

Or not. It's all good.

Home of TTF-TV!!!
iLoveHouseMusic

Posted: 07/25/13 08:28 

Michael:

Not all website owners can control what version of PHP they are running. We don't have that choice.
In my case, my host upgraded to 5.3 - which is fine.

All I can control is what version of Jamroom I run...which Is why I come back to you (Jamroom) and give you guys a hard time.

I understand you guys are supporting and defending your ground ...
But Look at this from the customer perspective for once. We're not all developers here.

Douglas
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/25/13 13:44 
Jamroom V4.3.1 is on the Downloads and Change Sets page, if your not running those latest files, update to them and see if your still seeing issues.

I think this is the final stable version for JR4, it just wasn't added to the download pages until recently.

I don't see a point in releasing a V4.3.2 as V4.3.1 should fix the issues in this thread.

Other than the PHP warnings, what other JR4 issues are there?

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

< Previous1234Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules