Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Jamroom Subscriptions
RhinoSilver

Posted: 05/21/13 10:12 
Hi,

I've set up subscriptions in my Jamroom profile quotas, the Basic Artist accounts are not showing the subscription link in the member control panel, although I have the "Show Subscription Browser" checked for the (Free Accounts).

This is preventing site users from upgrading to a paid subscription...

If someone could please give me some help with this issue it would be greatly appreciated...

Regards,

James

adamhughes91

Posted: 05/22/13 16:49 
I have had this same problem. It's weird because I had to go through some strange things to get it to show.

This is how I have mine setup.

-----------------------------------------

"Artist Pro" - this is the quota that users have to actually pay to subscribe to. (you can make it a free subscription but what's the point of that?)

Step 1 - Go to > Admin Options > System Config > Profile Quotas > Click "Modify" next to the Quota you want to have users subscribe to (if you haven't created that one now is the time to do so)
Step 2 - Set all the settings the way you want except for settings in the following steps
Step 3 - Go to general settings and set allow signups to "No"
Step 4 - Go to payment settings and set "Allow Subscriptions to this Quota" and "Show Subscription Browser" both to "Yes" (wait to finish steps 5 & 6 before saving settings)
Step 5 - Give the subscription a name.( I just used the same name as the quota - "Artist Pro")
Step 6 - Set the payment processor, length, price, and other subscription & payment settings as you wish and save the settings from steps 4-6(do all the steps together and then save at the same time)

-------------------------------

Free "Artist" - This is the free general quota that users signup for at first when coming to my website and the one I'm logged into when I'm signed in as Admin

Step 1 - Go back to > Admin Options > System Config > Profile Quotas > Click "Modify" next to the Quota "Artist"
Step 2 - Set all the settings the way you want except for settings in the following steps
Step 3 - Go to general settings and set allow signups to "Yes"
Step 4 - Go to payment settings and set "Allow Subscriptions to this Quota" and "Show Subscription Browse" both to "Yes" (wait to finish steps 5 & 6 before saving settings)
Step 5 - Leave everything else under « Subscriptions » settings as default
Step 6 - Set other settings in Payment Settings as you would like from « Merchandise Store » and everything below it
Step 7 - Save the settings from steps 4-6(do all the steps together and then save at the same time)

"Now hold up for a minute because Step 7 is where things will get tricky"

The "show subscription browser" set to yes and the "Allow Subscriptions to this Quota" set to yes on the Free "Artist" quota is not really allowed. It will give you an error:

"Signups are enabled for this Quota - Subscriptions are not allowed!
To enable Subscriptions for this Quota, you need to set "Allow Signups" to "no" on the General tab."

Now don't go and change the "Allow Signups" to "no" because that defeats the whole purpose. The flow to my website and I get the feeling for you as well is, > Land on website > Signup for free > then upgrade to the paid "Artist Pro" account

Making sure you set both, "Show subscription Browser" and "Allow subscriptions to the Quota" before saving does actually allow the subscriptions to actually be found in the Control Panel. Even though it says that Subscriptions are not allowed because signups are enabled, clicking the setting yes is the only way to show the subscription browser in the Quota that you are already signed up for.

Test it out and see what I mean. In the free account that you want people to upgrade from to the Subscribed account, go to payment settings and set "Show subscriptions browser" to "Yes" and "Allow Subscriptions to this quota" to "No" and see if it actually shows the subscription browser in the Control Panel to view the possible upgrades.(I bet you it won't)

Then set both settings to "Yes". It will say that you can't because of the error and it will seem as if you didn't change anything, but then go check and see if then you can see the Subscription Browser. (I bet you can)

Let me know if this works or not please. Sorry for taking so long to explain things to. I spent a long time trying to figure it out and this is the conclusion of frustration I came to.

RhinoSilver

Posted: 05/22/13 17:36 
Hi,

Thank you very much for your much needed assistance, it worked like a charm; you have just helped me end a very frustrating day on a good note!

Best Regards,

James

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons