Posted: 11/11/12 22:06 
i would like to rename all the site url / example
http://www.artistsstores.com/index.php?t=artists
is it ok to change it to http://www.artistsstores.com/artists
thank you

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/12/12 02:45 
Jamroom should already be renaming your links, but a keyword will be needed to differentiate between skin urls and profile urls (the default uses list or pages). Try it out on the demo.

http://demo.jamroom.net/lists/artists <<<<< this leads to the artists list

http://demo.jamroom.net/artists <<<<< this would lead to a profile named "artists" (if one exists)

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
AMPARO

Posted: 11/12/12 07:27 
Got it Thank you (lists pages)
Can you tell me why my links all goes To the index Php
Ex: http://www.artistsstores.com/index.php?t=events
And how to set >> Jamroom should already be renaming your links.
Thanks

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/12/12 09:44 
I can see the page you link to, but most of your links go to the login page because you are requiring login, so I cant see them.

Jamroom does rename all the links and works well. Look at the demo to see this working.

If you have changed your templates or .htaccess look there first for reasons why it is breaking.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

mixy

Posted: 11/14/12 00:49 
Hi Steve,
Does this work with Nate's theme or Oinkba themes?
Cause i can't seem to get this working in my projam 2.
Clicking on amparo's link i see it does not display the link as you described.
How can one edit the proper files so that one can have clean urls like www.example.com/list/artists instead of something like this www.example.com/index.php?t=artists&o=1.

I would appreiate any help with this.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/14/12 01:46 
I don't have a clue about the other skins, but what you are describing is the way that Jamroom rewrites urls using sefjam.php and apache .htaccess. You shouldn't need to edit any files at all.

Make sure that url rewriting is switched on in your admin config. Just run the server check and it should tell you if the server you are on supports .htaccess.

Note that the .htaccess file needs to be in your jamroom directory - in most ftp programs it will be invisible by default, so you probably need to set that to "show invisibles" before you will see the file.

mixy

Posted: 11/14/12 02:19 

SteveX:
Make sure that url rewriting is switched on in your admin config. Just run the server check and it should tell you if the server you are on supports .htaccess.

Where in admin config do i switch this on?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/14/12 02:23 
Just run the server check first.

mixy

Posted: 11/14/12 02:41 

SteveX:
Just run the server check first.

Everything is green and good to go.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/14/12 02:56 
So turn on SEF Urls in system config under File and Directory Settings and you should be using friendly urls.

mixy

Posted: 11/14/12 03:07 

SteveX:
So turn on SEF Urls in system config under File and Directory Settings and you should be using friendly urls.

we had that turned on from day one.
Am not talking about direct links to artist page but to other pages that are not artist page like this http://demo.jamroom.net/lists/songs

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/14/12 03:15 
So its all turned on and working. Try checking your .htaccess file and compare it to the fully working .htaccess in the install package and to any htaccess file that was included with your skin purchase.

mixy

Posted: 11/14/12 03:32 

SteveX:
So its all turned on and working. Try checking your .htaccess file and compare it to the fully working .htaccess in the install package and to any htaccess file that was included with your skin purchase.

Hey, Steve i sent you a copy of my .haccess file. Kindly examine to see if all looks good or do i post it here?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/14/12 03:53 
You could do a file compare to see if there are any differences, but it looks like the standard htaccess, so everything is working if the server check passes and the .htaccess is in place.

Note that if your skin doesn't use friendly urls you will need to edit all of the links to make it do so.

mixy

Posted: 11/14/12 03:57 

SteveX:
You could do a file compare to see if there are any differences, but it looks like the standard htaccess, so everything is working if the server check passes and the .htaccess is in place.

Note that if your skin doesn't use friendly urls you will need to edit all of the links to make it do so.

Okay thanks, maybe that's what the problem is, i guess Oinkba and Nate's themes don't work out of the box.
Can you please tell me where to edit these links. If that's not too much stress.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules