Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Jamroom 5 Alpha 4
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 10/12/12 06:48 
I've just updated the Jamroom Test downloads page with the latest Jamroom 5 Alpha - version 4:

http://www.jamroom.net/Downloads4_Test

I know it's been a bit since the last alpha, but this latest version has a ton of fixes and updates that make it much more stable, including:

• All new profile routing - you can see in the profile now how you can have sub-pages and items.
  • New Profile meaning template functions
  • Improved Form Designer
  • New Activity Stream module for the profile page
  • New Image Galleries module showing how you can upload multiple items with the new uploader (it's really slick - select multiple images in the popup file selector and watch them go).
  • new jrDisqus module for adding Disqus comments to templates.
  • Updated skin/images section for uploading your own custom images.
  • lots of other small improvements and bug fixes

There's really a lot of new stuff in this alpha, and I'm really excited at how things our turning out.

Please download this latest alpha and do a FRESH INSTALL - do not install on top of your existing alpha install, as several core areas have changed dramatically since the last alpha. Let us know what you see or any issues you run into - I believe we are VERY CLOSE to beta.

Thank you all for your feedback so far!

- Brian

Last edited by Brian on 12/28/12 11:03; edited 1 time in total
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/12/12 07:59 
Thanks Brian! Testing it now.

Found a Gallery bug:
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=231702

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
perfectgamestudios

Posted: 10/14/12 18:02 
Its looking great sofar Brian are you planning have charts etc cant wait too start developing on it myself as would like to build an site for addons.

also as you are opening the core why don't you have the project on git so community can get involved too

just an thought

Stephen

Bloodcrave

Posted: 10/15/12 16:41 
1) Uploading images doesnt seem to work on my install.
Keeps showing the "?" image, even after clearing the cache.

2) created galleries show up on the main profile page/ activity feed (domain.tld/username) but not when you click on the gallery tab on a profile.

3) After creating a page, when you navigate to the page with less content, the thumbnail will jump out of the box.

4) Deleting a page results in a NOT FOUND error. Page is deleted, but seems to be you'll stay on the deleted page cause a 404.

5) After a page is deleted, it still shows up in the activity feed on the mainpage of a profile.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 11/28/12 13:55 
Are there any docs yet? Or can you recommend a module to use as a model? I am gonna do flash players mobile apps.

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/28/12 14:42 
No formal docs yet I'm afraid.
Module structure is pretty straightforward and I'd recommend you look at jrAudio as a starting point for what you want to do.

The only essential file in any module is include.php and its two functions 'meta' and 'init'. (All other files below are optional.) Init can just be 'return;' if there are no module registrations to do. include.php will then contain any module 'functionality' like listener functions, smarty functions or anything else required.

index.php contains 'views'. These are functions that generate the web pages and interact with them i.e. form action functions.

schema.php is for generating any database tables needed by the function. Checkout jrCore_db_create_datastore('module_name','module_prefix'); This is a core function that will generate a 'datastore' table for the module. Try to use a datastore for all modules, they are JR5 building blocks. {jrCore_list . . .} smarty call is the jr_ranking equivalent and pulls info from the specified DataStore for listing stuff.

quota.php is for module quota fields. As a minimum, just have an empty function ModuleName_quota_config(){return true;} The core will see this file and set up the minimum quota tables for you - enable/disable, max items.

config.php - just add in any module 'admin' set-up fields.

templates folder - the two important templates are item_index.tpl and item_list.tpl. The core looks for these files and if found puts the menu link on the profile pages. item_index.tpl contains the {jrCore_list . . .} smarty call for the module, and item_list.tpl is the equivalent of the jr_ranking row template.

hth
Pa

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons