Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom Battle 1.0.b10 has been released!
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 12/15/10 21:51 
Those would need to be done by Oinkba, so you'll have to ask them.

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
hiwayman

Posted: 12/16/10 19:10 

smith.kyle:
Those would need to be done by Oinkba, so you'll have to ask them.

Kyle

Oinkba have advised that as it's a beta they won't be devloping templates.

Based on this I have made a start on my own..

One small thing that I have run into: the 'Open for Entry' battle listing doesn't initially show the countdown.. however if you then go into the battle where you can see the countdown then hit the backbutton the battle listing now shows the countdown.

One observation with regards 'Sponsors' will it be possible to have more than one sponsor. i.e If there were three prizes.. Sponsor #1 donated radio air time, Sponsor #2 donated studio time and Sponsor #3 donated a live gig at a major venue.. e.g

1. enter more than one sponsor
2. have prizes other than money or credits.. i.e a text description box

Also how are the the eliminations done on each round? are they done one a percentage of votes? i.e

1. all bands with more than 50% of the winning number of votes will give and undetermined number of bands through to the next round
2. 50% of the top scoring bands go through, reduce number of bands by half to go through to next round

or any percentage you choose

Many thanks
Gavin

not ready to post link yet but if you need it Kyle I can PM to you.

hiwayman

Posted: 12/31/10 09:17 
I have been playing for a few days with the 'Battles', other then my previous suggestions and observations I have come across this:

Quote:
A new Entry has been submitted to the following battle:

theRockJunction Skirmish

Details:

user: admin
song:

For more info, check out the battle:

http://therockjunction.com/jrBattle.php?mode=view&battle_id=4

the post recieved from the battle to admin. As you can see the 'user' is listed as 'admin' and no song details have been entered.

Thanks
Gavin

MONEE

Posted: 12/31/10 10:36 
is this module ever coming out of beta?
I bought this mod almost 2 years ago and it's still in beta. I know jamroom took over mod after the original creator could not finish but that was a year ago. I must say this is getting a bit ridiculous. I have not wanted to do anything with it until it was out of beta. can you please let me know what is keeping it in beta. what unresolved issues are there?

Brimstone

Posted: 01/18/11 03:17 

MONEE:
is this module ever coming out of beta?
I bought this mod almost 2 years ago and it's still in beta. I know jamroom took over mod after the original creator could not finish but that was a year ago. I must say this is getting a bit ridiculous. I have not wanted to do anything with it until it was out of beta. can you please let me know what is keeping it in beta. what unresolved issues are there?

ditto

CAPER

Posted: 01/18/11 19:11 
Tell me about it I have been waiting for an eternity, i was one of the original beta testers for this when the original owner had it Sad

Bloodcrave

Posted: 01/24/11 20:57 
well yea haven't heard Brian for months now.. I'm wondering whats going on.

Douglas
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/25/11 07:01 
Brian has been very busy with a couple of other projects that are in the works. Which by the way, sound very exciting from what I've heard... I'm sure as soon as he gets the time to look into the Battle module, he'll post here and let everyone know that status on the Battle Module.

Hope this helps,
Douglas

bodawg

Posted: 01/25/11 14:35 
Hey Six,

Any update on the integration into Sage, Cobalt etc.??? Last time I heard from you, you were working out some kinks with the count down timer... hows it all coming?

Thanks,

-Rob

Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/26/11 08:40 
I actually have the templates for the other default skins, but the count down timers still do not work, it is something that is on Brian's ToDo list I believe.

Hope this helps,
Douglas

bodawg

Posted: 01/27/11 18:39 
Thanks Six!

I'll be hangin' in Wink

-Rob

Posted: 06/12/11 10:12 
6 months later and still nothing.... Sad

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/14/11 10:07 
An update here that I am working on getting this fixed up THIS WEEK. I'm not able to focus on any new feature requests right now, and instead want to focus on any remaining bugs/issues that people are seeing. I've got this loaded up on my test system and it looks good, and reading through the previous pages I'm not able to find what is still and issue versus what may already be fixed, so if you are still seeing a problem, please post here and I will check it out.

Thanks!

- Brian

bodawg

Posted: 06/16/11 19:03 
Mine doesn't seem to advance through the rounds properly. After I refreshed the page after the round was supposed to end and move to round 2, all of the entries disappeared and only the sponsor profile was showing (just the name and not even the sponsor image to boot) I had it set for 9 rounds and this was set for an "image" battle. This battle still shows under the active battle tab.

-Rob

Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/17/11 07:48 
Thanks for the feedback - yes, that is the "trickiest" code in the module for sure. What I've considered doing is that instead of having an "end time" for the battle, have a start time + round length - i.e. you set the round length to 1 day / 12 hours, etc. - that way the module doesn't have to try and recompute "where it is" in regards to the start/end time of the battle if the times are ever changed.

I think it would be more intuitive as well since you would simply pick the start time, number of rounds, and round length, which is easier than trying to figure out in your head what a good end time is so your round length is what you want.

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

< Previous1234567Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons