Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Sites and Promotion:
looking for good promotion advice
BJ Walters

Posted: 06/16/10 17:49 
Absolutely Usher,

You are exactly right Usher! I need to know what my artist need and want first and what they willing to pay for. I'm receiving over 200,000 hits a month as of right now! It just gets frustrated to know why all these free artist aren't willing to upgrade to these wonderful promotion tools for there profile! It sounds like you know what you are talking about to! I'm definitely digging everything you just typed!Very nice presentation! And the coolest part is, you didn't even st-udder while giving us all that great information.
Thanks again Usher!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Razz Rolling Eyes

BJ
Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/16/10 17:57 
glad it was useful.

ignore 'hits' to your website and focus on 'unique visitors' its a much more interesting metric.

If you haven't already get google analytics hooked up. It can track goals for you to help you build your ratios.

BJ Walters

Posted: 06/16/10 18:02 
Looking in to Google Analytic s right now. Just got to figure out how to set it all up! I 'll figure it out I guess!

Thanks again
Usher

You da Bomb!

Cheers

BJ
webster

Posted: 10/07/10 22:38 
Mainly people want to know what they are going to gain from it when they upgrade. Such as how will I stand out amongst the other artists/bands. Are there any extras? What makes your site different than any other christian based music site? Do you have a landing page and is it getting results and prompting an action? There's a lot that can be asked.

And like ussher said, yes uniques are the most important. This is where the money is at especially if you plan to approach advertisers or join any type of ad networks if you need revenue from ad inventory. How many unique visitors? Yeah you have a few networks that do raw impressions, but usually it's all crumbs. The more uniques you have the better.

Having a site is a process and takes planning. Sometimes it can be a success in a year or even a few months and sometimes it may take a couple of years. You just have to find out what works for you and your audience. I run quite a few sites all of them work differently and have their own audiences and ways to make revenue.

And as far as promotion, word of mouth still works, postcards can be purchased cheap, you can also place an ad in one your local weekly newspapers, etc. Link up with some of the local writers to get a write up and let them know what you're doing in your city. There are tons of things that can be done.

Just research, stay dedicated to it and apply some of the great suggestions.

Posted: 10/08/10 04:15 
Thanks for the post,it was very helpful and I will apply all these techniques to my program. Thanks Webster. Very Happy

BJ
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Sites and Promotion

< Previous12

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons