Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
N8Flex:
MSkin Problems. Need Clarifications
Luis456

Posted: 10/05/09 06:40 
Your are a very good programmer, not doubt about that, but your scripts blocks needs to have some comments of what this blocks or segments do or performs. I've being trying to figure out, but it is so confusing since all I see is blocks or segments of codes everywhere but not defenitions of what it does or performs.
Normally most blocks or segments have: <!-- BEGINNING OF SOMTHING --> CODES..... <!--END OF SOMETHING-- >, but most of your .tpl files do not have. I'm talking about the center.tpl, left.tpl, header.tpl, home_side.tpl,. The samethign with the M.css, there is no explanations of each blocks such as: /* --- HEADER MENU --------- */ or something else. Some are understandable some some are not. This for example "spiffy" I don't know where is applied or used.

I've spent days trying to figure out of what each block does in order to modify and add something else, but it is almost impossible.

One thing I have learned that good programmers always defines or describes about their coding segments or blocks.

The one think I like about http://www.oinkba.com/ is that their scripts are very organized and have definitions of every segment or blocks of their codes. And this gives a good opportunity to have a unique site.

Please be more descriptive and if you can e-mail me these files again with my recommendations, please do so.

Thank You:)

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 10/05/09 07:28 

Luis456:
Your are a very good programmer, not doubt about that, but your scripts blocks needs to have some comments of what this blocks or segments do or performs. I've being trying to figure out, but it is so confusing since all I see is blocks or segments of codes everywhere but not defenitions of what it does or performs.
Normally most blocks or segments have: <!-- BEGINNING OF SOMTHING --> CODES..... <!--END OF SOMETHING-- >, but most of your .tpl files do not have. I'm talking about the center.tpl, left.tpl, header.tpl, home_side.tpl,. The samethign with the M.css, there is no explanations of each blocks such as: /* --- HEADER MENU --------- */ or something else. Some are understandable some some are not. This for example "spiffy" I don't know where is applied or used.

I've spent days trying to figure out of what each block does in order to modify and add something else, but it is almost impossible.

One thing I have learned that good programmers always defines or describes about their coding segments or blocks.

The one think I like about http://www.oinkba.com/ is that their scripts are very organized and have definitions of every segment or blocks of their codes. And this gives a good opportunity to have a unique site.

Please be more descriptive and if you can e-mail me these files again with my recommendations, please do so.

Thank You:)

I seem to bring out the best in people. I'll try to add comments in the future. There are over 200 templates all together so it wont be soon.

webster

Posted: 10/05/09 16:53 
Nate seemed to have done a pretty good job IMO especially in dividing things up. I seemed to have grasped on pretty quickly to how the templates were formatted and separated and I'm not even keen on smarty coding or Jamroom. I made changes after reviewing the layout to what I wanted to switch and that was it, it took a couple days, but not as long as it did when I was editing Oinkba templates.

I always say this, you have to keep in mind that every designer has their own way of doing things, because you get accustomed to something doesn't mean the next person will do it.

And yes, notes may be a good option in the future and/or probably an info sheet would be good telling you what each file is or does, like a documentation. Either one would be a good go IMO.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 10/05/09 18:42 
I'll be adding comments from here on out.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
N8Flex

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace