Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom, Bonus Pack and Power Pack 3.0.1 have been released!
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/08/06 12:38 
Well.. the wait is finally over Wink

I have just updated the Jamroom 3 Core downloads page with the first non-beta release (3.0.1) of Jamroom, the Jamroom Bonus Pack and Jamroom Power Pack.

Upgrading from Jamroom 3 beta (any) to Jamroom 3.0.1

The upgrade to 3.0.1 from any Jamroom 3.x beta version is pretty easy (if you have done the changed files upgrade you'll know what I mean). I've written a small guide on how to upgrade:

http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom3_Upgrading_From_Jamroom3

Upgrading from Jamroom 2 to Jamroom 3.0.1

I know many of you have been waiting for the non-beta release of Jamroom for a bit now, and have been eager to upgrade your Jamrooms - I want to thank everyone for their patience while the beta team and I worked through many issues related to the upgrade process.

I have created a very detailed Upgrade document for Upgrading a Jamroom 2.x site to Jamroom 3.x - please read it carefully. While I have tried to minimize the amount of work needed in an upgrade, the fact is that Jamroom 3 is quite different in some core areas, and therefore the upgrade process is considerable more involved than previous Jamroom upgrades:

http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom3_Upgrade_From_Jamroom2

I want to stress how important it is to read the guide completely before even beginning. If you have any questions, or any step is not clear, make sure and post your question here before doing anything on your site. Since this is the first release that supports upgrading, I'd like to minimize the number of issues people have by identifying the problem areas before hand (if possible).

Also, make sure you have a good backup of your Jamroom. I've created another new guide to help you with this:

http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom3_Backup_Guide

And lastly, if you do NOT feel comfortable doing the upgrade yourself, and would like to have me do it for you, you can purchase the Jamroom 2.x to Jamroom 3.x Upgrade option from the Jamroom store:

http://www.jamroom.net/Purchase

If anyone has any questions, or runs into issues with the new version, please post them here. If you are doing an upgrade, please make SURE you have a backup of your Jamroom 2.x setup just in case you run into issues.

Thanks weveryone - I hope you enjoy Jamroom 3.0.1 Wink

- Brian

Last edited by Brian on 08/11/06 10:25; edited 1 time in total
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 08/08/06 12:40 
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Dazed

Posted: 08/08/06 12:42 
woohoo!!

Way to go Brian and thanks to everyone involved in the Beta Smile

TheLIGHT

Posted: 08/08/06 12:54 
Our server does NOT allow 777 permissions. It only allows 755 maximum. Is this gonna absulutely prevent JR 3 from working. It never caused problems with Jamroom before JR3.

Also, where it says Copy the contents of the following template directories into your new Jamroom_2 skin directory:

Can we MOVE those directories, or is it a MUST to leave them in place, AND also COPY them to Jamroom_2 skin directory ? In other words, do those directories need to be in BOTH places ?

Let the MUSIC Do the Talking !
rapzilla

Posted: 08/08/06 13:15 
On "_SERVER["PATH_TRANSLATED"]" the file it showed was tools.php the thing i had to change wasnt there. so where do I change these settings?

Quote:
$config['jamroom_path'] = 'detect';
$config['jamroom_url'] = 'detect';
$config['directory_mode'] = 'detect';
$config['file_mode'] = 'detect';

EDIT---->>>

FORGET IT ... I FOUND MY ANSWER . lol

Quote:
The next step, is to modify your jamroom/config/settings.cfg.php file with the correct values for your server.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/08/06 14:01 

TheLIGHT:
Our server does NOT allow 777 permissions. It only allows 755 maximum. Is this gonna absulutely prevent JR 3 from working. It never caused problems with Jamroom before JR3.

Of course you are not required to have the permissions be 777 - nothing there has changed - if your server needs it to be 755, then that is what you should set it for.

Quote:

Also, where it says Copy the contents of the following template directories into your new Jamroom_2 skin directory:

Can we MOVE those directories, or is it a MUST to leave them in place, AND also COPY them to Jamroom_2 skin directory ? In other words, do those directories need to be in BOTH places ?

I would highly recommend COPYING the files - not moving. That way during the upgrade process the templates can found in BOTH places, making it so a visitor to your site won't see a problem during the upgrade.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/08/06 14:02 

rapzilla:
On "_SERVER["PATH_TRANSLATED"]" the file it showed was tools.php the thing i had to change wasnt there. so where do I change these settings?

Quote:
$config['jamroom_path'] = 'detect';
$config['jamroom_url'] = 'detect';
$config['directory_mode'] = 'detect';
$config['file_mode'] = 'detect';

EDIT---->>>

FORGET IT ... I FOUND MY ANSWER . lol

Quote:
The next step, is to modify your jamroom/config/settings.cfg.php file with the correct values for your server.

Yes - make sure you do not include the file name Wink

[quote]
(just make sure you do NOT include the file name in the path setting!).
[/code]

- Brian

rapzilla

Posted: 08/08/06 14:03 
Is it fine if i skip the parts about making the Jamroom 2 folders because i dont want to use my older templates.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/08/06 14:07 

rapzilla:
Is it fine if i skip the parts about making the Jamroom 2 folders because i dont want to use my older templates.

oh yeah - if you want to use the Cobalt skin and theme, then you can skip the skin part - that will make it a lot easier Wink Make sure and follow the rest of the steps though.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

rapzilla

Posted: 08/08/06 14:09 
ok great... yeah i took the beta and put it on another site for testing and i modified it so im gonna use the Cobalt and then upload my modified files.

rapzilla

Posted: 08/08/06 14:36 
I got a problem... im done upgrading,.,.
but now my cobalt theme isnt working correct for the menu.

www.rapzilla.com/menu

the menu goes on top when you put your mouse on top of it...

rapzilla

Posted: 08/08/06 14:38 
I found what the problem was... its my css file... the one i uploaded was from the beta version b2 so i need to work on that

TheLIGHT

Posted: 08/08/06 15:27 
I am NOT understanding WHERE/HOW to do the following step:

5. Copy Artist Theme Templates to Theme Directories
In Jamroom 3, all of the different templates that can be used in an Artist/Member Theme, are now located within the theme directory itself. This includes contact, comment, guestbook, rating and playlist templates. Where previously in Jamroom 2 you would find these templates located in the jamroom/templates/<script_name> directories, these templates now need to be copied to the Artist/Member Theme directory that they belong to.

I do NOT have a Artist or Member directory. I have a bands directory. And those have the directories 0,1,2,3, etc. Could you give a comparison explaination as you did in Step 4 ?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/08/06 15:41 

TheLIGHT:
I am NOT understanding WHERE/HOW to do the following step:

5. Copy Artist Theme Templates to Theme Directories
In Jamroom 3, all of the different templates that can be used in an Artist/Member Theme, are now located within the theme directory itself. This includes contact, comment, guestbook, rating and playlist templates. Where previously in Jamroom 2 you would find these templates located in the jamroom/templates/<script_name> directories, these templates now need to be copied to the Artist/Member Theme directory that they belong to.

I do NOT have a Artist or Member directory. I have a bands directory. And those have the directories 0,1,2,3, etc. Could you give a comparison explaination as you did in Step 4 ?

You want to copy the templates into the THEME directories (not the members, media, bands or songs directories). Within your Jamroom you will see several directories within jamroom/themes - these are the "Artist / Member Themes" - i.e.

jamroom/themes/jm_umber

What this step encompasses is copying the contact, rating, comment, playlist and guestbook templates that are for a specific theme into the theme directory. So using the "Umber Alert" Jamroom 2.x theme as an example, we would copy the following files:

templates/comment/umber_add_comment.tpl
templates/comment/umber_video_comment.tpl
templates/comment/umber_view_comments.tpl
templates/contact/umber_contact.tpl
templates/rating/umber_rate_song.tpl
templates/rating/umber_rate_error.tpl
templates/rating/umber_rate_video.tpl
templates/rating/umber_rate_success.tpl
templates/playlist/jm_umber_inline.tpl
templates/playlist/jm_umber_expand.tpl

into the:

jamroom/themes/jm_umber

directory.

With Jamroom 3, templates that are used by an Artist/Member Theme belong in the Artist/Member Theme directory.

Let me know if that makes sense.

- Brian

TheLIGHT

Posted: 08/08/06 15:58 
It's getting clearer. hehe

So, ANY tpl files in our JR2.6x templates directories that are related to the THEMES used in JR2.6x should be copied into the actual THEMES dir they are related too ? Instead of Artist theme pages being created by using the tpl files from the templates dir AND the THEMES/nameoftheme dir, they will now be created from the files in the ONE themes dir ?

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons