Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
The New Jamroom FlowPlayer module has been released!
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/17/11 07:45 
I've just uploaded the very first release of the new Jamroom "FlowPlayer" module to the Marketplace!

Many of you that are long time Jamroom users know that this is something we've been working on for some time, but the recent versions of the Flow Player have finally been updated to work properly with an RSS based playlist format. This was needed in order to allow the player to work with our {jr_flash_player} function.

Note that the FlowPlayer is an extremely configurable flash player, and really shines as a Video player, so Jamroom sites that feature a lot of video will want to check it out.

http://www.jamroom.net/index.php?m=td_market&o=browse&item_id=253

What the FlowPlayer module does is make it so the FlowPlayer, in it's simplest use, can be dropped in for playing songs, radio stations, videos and TV Channels. The player can do A LOT more than that, but that's all we've been able to work into the {jr_flash_player} embed function, since most of the advanced functionality of the FlowPlayer must be scripted using Javascript. For all of the details (and other plugins that are available) for the FlowPlayer, make sure and check out their site:

http://flowplayer.org/index.html

What you get with the FlowPlayer module is a fully licensed version of the player that would normally set you back $95 for your domain.

After purchasing the module you will receive a license code via email - you will need to use that to download the module, then you will also enter that license key into the module's control panel - that will contact the Jamroom.net site here which in turn will generate the unique code that is needed by the player on your site to function properly. After the code has been generated the player will function on your site.

I know it's been a long time coming, and I'm really happy that the FlowPlayer team was finally able to address the playlist issues that were present in previous releases, which in turn allows it to finally work properly in Jamroom.

As the first release, we're also offering te module at a $10 discount, so if you've wanted the FlowPlayer for your site, now is the time to grab it Wink

If anyone has any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks!

- Brian

Last edited by Brian on 07/01/12 07:00; edited 1 time in total
Elder

Posted: 06/17/11 09:30 
So this can replace the Nova video player and it's plug and play no modifications needed?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/17/11 09:47 
Yes - as long as the flash player you are using is being called through the {jr_flash_player} embed function, it should work. The embed code produced for the FlowPlayer is much more complicated however, so let me know if you see issues.

Thanks!

- Brian

whodaniel

Posted: 06/17/11 14:04 

Quote:
Flow Player have finally been updated to work properly with an RSS based playlist format.

Can you give some links to more detailed info about this format?

Last edited by whodaniel on 06/18/11 08:31; edited 1 time in total
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/17/11 14:50 

whodaniel:

Quote:
Flow Player have finally been updated to work properly with an RSS based playlist format.

Can you give some links to more detailed info about this format? It is not XSPF?

You don't need to worry about in regards to using it with {jr_flash_player}, but here's details:

http://flowplayer.org/demos/configuration/rss-playlist.html

Thanks!

- Brian

whodaniel

Posted: 06/18/11 01:14 
What would you say is the best method for manipulating song list order? Can Javascript be used to make playlists of JR songs? using this player? For example; if I wanted to come up with some new mathematical formula that would compile song lists from criteria not available via the JR ranking calls, what would the best method (language, etc.) be to do this considering the advanced capabilities of the Flow Player in conjunction with JR?

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 06/18/11 10:39 
The data/order in the playlist is not related to the player - only the format of that data is. You would need to create a new playlist format as laid out here:

http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom4_Play_Script#playlist_formats

And then just model the templates on the RSS feed format used by the Flowplayer.

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
Mobileartist

Posted: 06/20/11 04:17 
Hi i bought this but did not get a licensecode..

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/20/11 08:47 

Mobileartist:
Hi i bought this but did not get a licensecode..

I've just resent your license to you to be sure you receive it. If you look at the license email, there is a section down below that says:

Quote:

Special Note from seller:
============================

Your Control Panel License Code is: #######

That is the code you enter into the FlowPlayer module settings section.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

whodaniel

Posted: 06/20/11 09:57 
Does JR output the Media RSS format playlists?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/20/11 10:07 

whodaniel:
Does JR output the Media RSS format playlists?

Yes.

- Brian

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/22/11 03:03 
Autoplay doesn't work. Changed

{jr_flash_player player_type="jeroen" width="280" height="225" band_id=$_VIDEO.band_id video_id=$_VIDEO.video_id auto_play="yes"}

to

{jr_flash_player player_type="flowplayer" width="280" height="225" band_id=$_VIDEO.band_id video_id=$_VIDEO.video_id auto_play="yes"}

Flowplayer comes up but does not auto_play, as the old one did.
Cheers
Pa
PS - This is on a 4.1.9 JR. Is that the issue?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/22/11 06:38 

pasher:
Autoplay doesn't work. Changed

{jr_flash_player player_type="jeroen" width="280" height="225" band_id=$_VIDEO.band_id video_id=$_VIDEO.video_id auto_play="yes"}

to

{jr_flash_player player_type="flowplayer" width="280" height="225" band_id=$_VIDEO.band_id video_id=$_VIDEO.video_id auto_play="yes"}

Flowplayer comes up but does not auto_play, as the old one did.
Cheers
Pa
PS - This is on a 4.1.9 JR. Is that the issue?

It should work with 4.1.9 - I'll check it out. Auto play in a an audio playlist is a bit different than how it works with our other players, so I might have overlooked something.

Thanks!

- Brian

SK1

Posted: 06/22/11 07:00 
Is there a way to display the "PLAY LIST" on the player screen? I checked the demo on the .flowplayer.org site.. I like it but I couldn't find the play list ( although it allows to go to prev/next )

KOZ
---------

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/22/11 07:03 

SK1:
Is there a way to display the "PLAY LIST" on the player screen? I checked the demo on the .flowplayer.org site.. I like it but I couldn't find the play list ( although it allows to go to prev/next )

KOZ
---------

You will need to reference the FlowPlayer site - the playlist is all done in Javascript, and is not supported by the module at this time.

Thanks!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core