Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's:
Has anyone installed soundmanager to Nova
effusiveart

Posted: 02/12/11 02:39 
Im trying to make it so when you press play for audio it just plays the audio instead of the pop up audio player, ive tried to use the documents that i found from previous forums but no luck. has anyone done this.

effusiveart

Posted: 02/12/11 06:02 
Im i supposed to paste this some where:

{jr_flash_player player_type="soundmanager" player_mode="song_hifi" band_id="1" song_id="1"}

beazyboy

Posted: 02/12/11 16:26 
You wanna check out your jr_ranking_row.tpl and go to the song section and put the code were you would like it to be displayed

{jr_flash_player player_type="soundmanager" player_mode="song_hifi" band_id=$BAND_ID song_id=$SONG_ID}

effusiveart

Posted: 02/13/11 07:11 
Can anyone send me the php or whatever file of a page or the page that you put the soundmanger on to play your music instead of the pop up player on the nova skin . and the web link to the page that its on. i will very much appreciate it.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 02/13/11 22:01 

effusiveart:
Can anyone send me the php or whatever file of a page or the page that you put the soundmanger on to play your music instead of the pop up player on the nova skin . and the web link to the page that its on. i will very much appreciate it.

There isn't any specific set of instructions or just one single file to edit to remove the popup players throughout the Nova Skin and replace them with the Soundmanager Players. The Skin wasn't designed to simply remove the popup players and replace them with a page player without some recoding.

So your going to need to do some research through the Skin templates starting with the "jr_index.tpl" and locate all the other templates that make up the different sections of the Skin (Top Songs, Lists and Charts) and then locate and remove the popup player coding and replace it with the Soundmanager Coding.

Hope this makes sense........
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
effusiveart

Posted: 03/08/11 17:33 

daddysylem:

There isn't any specific set of instructions or just one single file to edit to remove the popup players throughout the Nova Skin and replace them with the Soundmanager Players. The Skin wasn't designed to simply remove the popup players and replace them with a page player without some recoding.

So your going to need to do some research through the Skin templates starting with the "jr_index.tpl" and locate all the other templates that make up the different sections of the Skin (Top Songs, Lists and Charts) and then locate and remove the popup player coding and replace it with the Soundmanager Coding.

Hope this makes sense........
Greg -

It has to be specific instruction because theres a specific page it has to go on, a specific code has to be deleted and a specific code obviously has to be placed in a specific place.when i place the code where i think it belongs, ill see the soundmanger play button on the page and it will stop popping up but it wont play.

willing to pay or trade

Last edited by effusiveart on 03/09/11 18:46; edited 1 time in total
daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/08/11 20:55 

effusiveart:

It has to be specific instruction because theres a specific page it has to go on, a specific code has to be deleted and a specific code obviously has to be placed in a specific place.when i place the code where i think it belongs, ill see the soundmanger play button on the page and it will stop popping up but it wont play.

heres my email : hustlinentertainment@ymail.com

willing to pay or trade

What I meant was, that the Soundmanager Player is a "Free" add-on player that you can download and use on your site "Free of Charge" if you want to take the time to figure it out. But it really doesn't have any support templates or install instructions for use in any of the Skins or Themes. You would need to be able to figure out which templates and coding needs to be altered yourself.

And installing it in the Nova Skin is going to be extra hard because the Soundmanager Player uses Java to operate and the Nova Skin uses Ajax on its pages. Your going nto have issues getting them to work together right from the start.

But I'll look at putting it on the Nova Front page when I get a chance and see if I can tell you what to edit unless you figure it out before I do.... Wink

Thanks,
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
effusiveart

Posted: 03/08/11 21:50 
wow. i feel like i just been had. that is diffenetly information i would have wanted to know before a spent $200. so basically the information thats posted in your documentation area may or may not work depending on what plug in or feature i want to use in whatever template i want to use, wow. dont mean to be a smart ass but how about suggesting what template i can use with the soundmanager that you advertise to be used with these websites i spent $200 on if any. this information will actually be helpful.

effusiveart

Posted: 03/09/11 08:02 

daddysylem:

effusiveart:

heres my email : hustlinentertainment@ymail.com

willing to pay or trade

What I meant was, that the Soundmanager Player is a "Free" add-on player that you can download and use on your site "Free of Charge" if you want to take the time to figure it out. But it really doesn't have any support templates or install instructions for use in any of the Skins or Themes. You would need to be able to figure out which templates and coding needs to be altered yourself.

And installing it in the Nova Skin is going to be extra hard because the Soundmanager Player uses Java to operate and the Nova Skin uses Ajax on its pages. Your going nto have issues getting them to work together right from the start.

But I'll look at putting it on the Nova Front page when I get a chance and see if I can tell you what to edit unless you figure it out before I do.... Wink

Thanks,
Greg -
i.e. Priority Support (30 days) $40.00
in others. the american way

beazyboy

Posted: 03/09/11 09:26 
Check this out http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32799&start=90
I would be using the soundmanager if it was not so buggy and at the present moment it does not work in pages that load in ajax ... You could still use a flash button player for nova and it would work fine, The soundmanager is FREE and is updated whenever they have the time to update it... If you do not want the pop up player use the embedded button player

effusiveart

Posted: 03/09/11 09:47 
thanks

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/09/11 10:22 

effusiveart:
wow. i feel like i just been had. that is diffenetly information i would have wanted to know before a spent $200. so basically the information thats posted in your documentation area may or may not work depending on what plug in or feature i want to use in whatever template i want to use, wow. dont mean to be a smart ass but how about suggesting what template i can use with the soundmanager that you advertise to be used with these websites i spent $200 on if any. this information will actually be helpful.

I'm sorry you feel duped.. Sad
I'm sure it wasn't Brian's intention to mislead anyone and I'm trying to contact him right now to let him know there is an issue.

I'll do what I can to help you get this working correctly, but unfortunately breasyboy is right, the player has issues working correctly on pages loaded by Ajax. I don't believe the Cobalt3 or Sage Skin's use any ajax in their coding or you can do what breasyboy suggested and use the stock Button player instead of the Sounmanager Player except that the Button player doesn't have the same abilities as the Soundmanager does.

Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/09/11 15:44 
Just received Greg's email and wanted to follow up here. The SoundManager was released as a "free" module since it can certainly take some work to "get working" in some templates - it's not a 100% drop in replacement for our players that we develop (it was originally developed for a customer, and we thought others might find it useful, which is why we made it available). The only issue I'm aware of is that on pages loaded via Javascript (i.e. AJAX) it won't work due to the need for the soundmanager javascript to "scan" the page when it loads to enable the player. There's likely a workaround for this, but it's not something we've developed or worked on for some time.

I certainly hope you don't feel like you were scammed by us in any way - if you can let me know where you read the soundmanager module would work "out of the box" with any skin/theme, I'm more then happy to change it until the time we can get it to work that way.

Also - there's no need to by the Support Center priority support if you don't want to - as you can see by our forums here we also have "free" support.

Sorry for any hassle!

- Brian

effusiveart

Posted: 03/09/11 16:17 
thank you and everyone for taking the time to try to help me out. so i understand now about the soundmanager , its like the plug ins for wordpress themes. anyone can make a plugin for your themes and if you find it useful you'll suggest it. i like that, that is cool.
So ive been getting all this info since yesterday, so ill need time to read and study it all.
again thanks.

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 03/09/11 22:13 
I'm not quite sure how the soundmanager module works - to be honest, I haven't used it at all. Based on Brian's post though, perhaps this might be helpful for anyone trying to integrate it that is having issue with the AJAX part of Brian's post:

http://api.jquery.com/live

Like I said, I don't know if that will help the issue, but perhaps it will...?

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's

123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products