is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's:
Has anyone installed soundmanager to Nova
JessHessing1989

Posted: 03/10/11 02:28 

beazyboy:
Check this out http://www. jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32799&start=90
I would be using the soundmanager if it was not so buggy and at the present moment it does not work in pages that load in ajax ... You could still use a flash button player for nova and it would work fine, The soundmanager is FREE and is updated whenever they have the time to update it... If you do not want the pop up player use the embedded button player

let me check it

Last edited by JessHessing1989 on 03/17/11 20:28; edited 1 time in total
beazyboy

Posted: 03/10/11 11:50 
Yea i hope someone figures it out cause id like to use it... I already tried with no luck!

gcuezy

Posted: 04/07/11 22:19 
Hate to be the loser that gets pissed about this but maybe add that it's not working with Nova in the modules 'download' section. I began designing a new profile theme based on the ability to use this player with a 'list' instead of a big clunky flash player but it looks like my design ideas are in the hands of the jr team. Is this being given any priority whatsoever or is it just on the back burner? Either way it's fine... maybe daddyslem can make me a cool 1-button player that doesn't crash the internet if used more than 1 time... or maybe there's some crazy javascript html5 player I can use that accepst xspf playlists.

I've always felt that module descriptions on this site (including the 'more info' buttons) in general is severely lacking. I feel like I have to ask someone about the basic functionality/implementation of almost every module I'm interested in (surprisingly n8flash does the best, but he seems to not enjoy talking to people in general).

That's my rant... hopefully it was constructive and I'm not just "that idiot" that ruins your forum posts.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/08/11 09:18 

gcuezy:
maybe daddyslem can make me a cool 1-button player that doesn't crash the internet if used more than 1 time...

I'll be releasing some new standard button players in the Marketplace hopfully this weekend.
And there shouldn't be any problem with using multiple players on a page if you don't overdo it.
My player will be replacing the old Fabricio Zuardi Button Player that currently comes with Jamroom and will correct some of that players issues. The players will be released in a pack with several colors and will also include a "Buy Song" link by right mouse clicking on the button player.

I understand your being upset about the Soundmanager Player.... Sad
And I agree that some of the descriptions are lacking in the Model's section and should be updated. So I contacted Brian about updating the Soundmanager description to include that it currently has issues working on pages using Ajax, especially the Nova Skin/Theme.

Thanks,
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
gcuezy

Posted: 04/08/11 09:58 
I appreciate it daddyslem. Two questions for you: Have you thought about the cost of the player pack yet? Do you have a general estimate how many could be used per page? I'd like to still use it for the profile if I could have at least 10 players per page (I can paginate the rest to cut down on flash usage).

[EDIT] Also, what's this about a 1-button player already in jamroom? Is it too resource heavy to use like this?

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/08/11 10:29 

gcuezy:
I appreciate it daddyslem. Two questions for you: Have you thought about the cost of the player pack yet? Do you have a general estimate how many could be used per page? I'd like to still use it for the profile if I could have at least 10 players per page (I can paginate the rest to cut down on flash usage).

[EDIT] Also, what's this about a 1-button player already in jamroom? Is it too resource heavy to use like this?

I'm thinking about $25.00 but I'm open to suggestions....... Wink
And I would try to keep it around 10-15 Per Page.

But I'm not sure I understand what you mean about a 1-Button Player??

Let me know.......
Greg

GCFireSprinkler.com
gcuezy

Posted: 04/08/11 10:40 

Quote:
My player will be replacing the old Fabricio Zuardi Button Player that currently comes with Jamroom and will correct some of that players issues.

gcuezy

Posted: 04/08/11 14:06 
Sorry if I've hijacked this thread but I think others would be interested...

At http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/ there is a 1-button XSPF player... is this not a viable option for Jamroom owners with some very slight modification?

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/08/11 22:32 

gcuezy:
Sorry if I've hijacked this thread but I think others would be interested...

At http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/ there is a 1-button XSPF player... is this not a viable option for Jamroom owners with some very slight modification?

That player is the Fabricio Zuardi button player that is currently released with Jamroom.
"/include/flash/button/musicplayer.swf"

And until I release my version of a button player,
The Fabricio Zuardi player is the only button player being used with any Jamroom Skin/Themes besides the Soundmanager Player. Unfortunately there have been issues reported with the use of that player which I have been unable to fix due to the way the player is coded. So I decided to use my modified version of Fabricio's code that being used with my full size players and redesign a new button player.

But the Fabricio Zuardi button player is still around for anyone that wants to use it... Wink

Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
ifeelmusic

Posted: 04/10/11 09:21 
I've been posting about this on this other thread:

http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32799&start=105

But I would love to use soundmanager as the player. Just ajax issues.

Hope to hear about a solution soon!

I've noticed the latest release of SoundMAnager states that it is more ajax friendly. Any chance upgrading the module to the latest version. Would that do the trick?

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/10/11 20:17 

myslsworld:

I've noticed the latest release of SoundMAnager states that it is more ajax friendly. Any chance upgrading the module to the latest version. Would that do the trick?

I read that post about it being more Ajax friendly, but I believe it was talking about the standard version of the Soundmanager Player and not the 360 Version which is the problem. Anyway Brian is aware of the issues with Soundmanager 360 and Ajax and will be working on a fix when he gets time. Right now he's super busy with an important Project he is trying to finish.

Thanks,
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
gcuezy

Posted: 04/10/11 20:23 
Greg,

Only chiming in because you welcomed suggestions.

I would personally shoot for between $15-$20... it seems hard to justify $25 for a 1-button player module (I assume most people with only use one of the colours) when there's an amazing one for free, only being held up by a few javascript error.

I WOULD however consider paying $25 if you could make the cool progress bar appear around the button so users have some idea where in the song they're at.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/10/11 22:25 

gcuezy:
Greg,

Only chiming in because you welcomed suggestions.

I would personally shoot for between $15-$20... it seems hard to justify $25 for a 1-button player module (I assume most people with only use one of the colours) when there's an amazing one for free, only being held up by a few javascript error.

I WOULD however consider paying $25 if you could make the cool progress bar appear around the button so users have some idea where in the song they're at.

Maybe your right 15-20, I"ll give it some thought...... Wink
My players won't be as flashy as the Soundmanager player, but if I remember correctly the Soundmanager player (although cool) is difficult to get working correctly where my player will never be. And I also don't think the Soundmanager player has a built in "Buy Song" link in its player either where my player does.

But I did create a new button player for Jamroom that should be coming out in the next upgrade "Free" for anyone that wants to use it. And the colored versions I was going to release for sale by this weekend (Now Postponed) were based on this free version.

The other button players I'm working on now are basically for people that want something a little different like a 3D Square or Arrowhead or Music Symbol. And I don't expect to be selling too many anyway.

I'll think about what you said......
Thanks,
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
ifeelmusic

Posted: 04/11/11 01:04 

daddysylem:

myslsworld:

I read that post about it being more Ajax friendly, but I believe it was talking about the standard version of the Soundmanager Player and not the 360 Version which is the problem. Anyway Brian is aware of the issues with Soundmanager 360 and Ajax and will be working on a fix when he gets time. Right now he's super busy with an important Project he is trying to finish.

Thanks,
Greg -

360 is cool, but NONE of Soundmanager works with ajax. I'd be more than happy to just have the soundmanager play button work just like it is, except work on my pages paginated via ajax.

Hell, I would even use the xpsf player, but unless I'm doing something wrong, that player doesn't automatically stop sound when you switch to another song like the soundmanager one does.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/11/11 07:21 

myslsworld:

360 is cool, but NONE of Soundmanager works with ajax. I'd be more than happy to just have the soundmanager play button work just like it is, except work on my pages paginated via ajax.

Hell, I would even use the xpsf player, but unless I'm doing something wrong, that player doesn't automatically stop sound when you switch to another song like the soundmanager one does.

As I said, The reason the Soundmanager has such a problem with Ajax is the fact that Ajax is Java and Soundmanager uses Java just to post on the page. The the way the Java functions is what causes the issues with Ajax. And the 360 Player is the only one that has a Function that stops the currently playing player when another player is started. But that function actually doesn't have alot to do with the player itself. That Function is actually created by a separate Java Script that causes different issues with AJAX. I was actually looking into adding this Function to my Button Players at one time but decided against it because using Java can make the players unreliable in all cases.

I prefer stability and reliability on all websites under all coding conditions...
It creates less support issues..... Wink

But like I said in my other post..........
Brian is aware of the issues with Soundmanager and Nova and its on his To-Do List when he finishes the project he is currently working on. So hopefully there is a fix in the works in a future release.

Thanks,
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's

< Previous123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products