Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
N8Flex:
MSkin install issues
lbeasley

Posted: 09/18/09 19:18 
I'm getting a new error now. When I go into my artist control panel and switch over the profile to M-Theme is generates the following error..

Code
generateTheme() an error was encountered generating your Profile - verify server connectivity
error:

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/18/09 20:14 
Do you have SefJam Bookmarks installed?

lbeasley

Posted: 09/18/09 20:24 
Yep, installed it. I looked in the PHP error log file and it was stating that it could not find the sefjam files on the cluster server. So i manually copied over the files to the cluster server. Here's whats being returned

Code
generateTheme() an error was encountered generating your Profile - verify server connectivity
error: <?php $_rep=array('template'=>'theme_header.tpl','theme_dir'=>'M','from_profile_theme'=>'yes', 'band_id'=>'9','quota_id'=>'5','title'=>','type'=>'theme','tpl_dir'=>'theme',);
htmlShowTemplate('theme','theme_header.tpl',$_rep,'M',true,''); ?>
<?php @include('side.php'); ?>

Last edited by lbeasley on 09/18/09 20:54; edited 1 time in total
Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/18/09 20:30 
You prolly need to switch the skin first. Try that. Go into maintenance mode if you have to.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/18/09 20:37 

Quote:
the template file "get_channel_id.tpl" does not exist or is not readable from the skins/Nova directory

Or you can just copy the get_channel_id and get_radio_id templates to the nova directory.

lbeasley

Posted: 09/18/09 20:58 
Ok going into maintence mode and enabling the skin allows the theme to render now. I'm seeing 2 issues while in the process of testing everything.

Issue 1:

While on the SiteTV page the sub menus on the top navigation bar do not work.

Issue 2:
When trying to access site station the following error is returned

the template file "radio.tpl" does not exist or is not readable from the skins/M directory

I looked in the files that I downloaded and there is no radio.tpl included with the MSkin pack

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/18/09 21:13 
I will probably remove the radio link as it went to our shoutcast page. Something like that would need tobe custom in each case. I dont know what u mean by "sub menus".

lbeasley

Posted: 09/18/09 21:39 
Oh ok I see. Well I think I tested just about everything and here is the list I came up with.

1. videos / sitetv.........Sub categories in the top nav bar do not work

2. the template file "radio.tpl" does not exist or is not readable from the skins/M directory

3. Reply to button does nothing in the inbox.

4. People / Invite..... generates blank white tables within the skin theme.

5. Who's Online page does not generate profile images

6. Music / Playlists does not return any playlists. It returns blogs posts.

7. Community / top stories......When you click on 'Full Story' a closing tag symbol ">" shows at the bottom of each page and also the comments are not displaying. Also, when you post a comment, the submit button reads 'July'

8. Community / games....when trying to post comments, comments will not post.

Quote:
I dont know what you mean by submenus

At the top of the page you have your main navigation bar. Under each category you have sub-categories. The sub categories do not display when on the 'Videos/SiteTV' page.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/18/09 22:49 

lbeasley:
Oh ok I see. Well I think I tested just about everything and here is the list I came up with.

1. videos / sitetv.........Sub categories in the top nav bar do not work

adjust that link to match your site tv channel.

lbeasley:

2. the template file "radio.tpl" does not exist or is not readable from the skins/M directory

remove that link

lbeasley:

3. Reply to button does nothing in the inbox.

Thats a language file bug. I'll update it. Thats actually the block button.

lbeasley:

4. People / Invite..... generates blank white tables within the skin theme.[/you'll need Openinviter its free.

5. Who's Online page does not generate profile images

6. Music / Playlists does not return any playlists. It returns blogs posts.

7. Community / top stories......When you click on 'Full Story' a closing tag symbol ">" shows at the bottom of each page and also the comments are not displaying. Also, when you post a comment, the submit button reads 'July'

8. Community / games....when trying to post comments, comments will not post.

I'll check these out.

Quote:

At the top of the page you have your main navigation bar. Under each category you have sub-categories. The sub categories do not display when on the 'Videos/SiteTV' page.

You're gonna have to show me what you mean.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/19/09 06:46 
Since you're using the english only version delete the lang folder from the M directory and that will clear up some of those bugs.

lbeasley

Posted: 09/19/09 14:03 
delete it from the /skins or /themes?

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/19/09 14:19 
both

Some of those bugs try testing out of maintenance mode.

lbeasley

Posted: 09/19/09 14:25 
Not sure if that helped at all. When testing now....it looks like the member images in the comment section of profile are stretched too much in width. Also it looks like on artist profiles, the player doesn't load for photos,videos, or channels. Check ya PM's for a test link.

lbeasley

Posted: 09/22/09 08:38 
After running some more tests today, I found 5things that are very annoying. I'm not sure if something can be done to fix these issues at this time or if it may be a cluster server thing that will need to wait until a future update release. In any event here are the 5 things sticking out.

A) Profile images are not showing on messages inside the Inbox. Also, when you delete one message in your inbox, it will not let you delete any other messages.

B) Cannot post comments on blogs or articles. The comments dont show up, however the comment is counted by the system. The comment error on the bottom left hand of browser states

Line: 20
Char: 27021
Error: Permission denied
code:0
URL: http://www.oursite.com/index.php?t=article&m=1295 (Note: I took out our domain name)

C) When you go to "Videos/ Browse/ Alphabetically" and click play on any one of the videos, the page becomes all out of wack.

D) When you create a group. The image that you upload for that group you created does not show up. Also when you go to delete a group that you created, it kicks back an error that states "Please enter a name for your new group"...but yet it does delete the group successfully.

E) The 'New Comments' alert never goes away. When you click on the 'New Comments' link you have 3 buttons (Approve, Delete, Block). It will not let you approve the comment and returns the error "Unable To Approve Comment". I'm assuming this is the reason why the 'New Comments' alert never goes away.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/22/09 09:12 
I have an update coming out today. I am sure most of these are cause you're on a cluster.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
N8Flex

123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules