Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom 4.0.0 Beta 4 has been released!
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/07/09 11:13 
I have just updated the Jamroom 4 Downloads page with the latest Jamroom 4.0.0 release - beta 4:

http://www.jamroom.net/Downloads4_Core

This new release addresses all of the issues encountered so far in the first 3 beta releases, as well as adds in several tweaks, enhancements and improvements. One of the big changes is the addition of the new Jamroom Advanced Settings section, where you can set/remove Jamroom config keys (which are settings that control the low-level behavior, and other settings, in Jamroom). There is a new documentation page covering their use:

http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom4_Advanced_Settings

Please make sure and be careful when working with advanced keys - please read the documentation before working with them in any way.

The bugs reported so far should be fixed, so if anyone has any issues, please post to the Bugs forum and we'll get it taken care of.

Also - I was hoping to find time between beta 3 and beta 4 to update the Cobalt3/Sage skins, but due to the holiday week and other issues that needed to be fixed, that's been put off a bit - I'll be getting to those skins ASAP.

I am hopeful this is going to be the last beta release before the first non-beta - barring any serious issues, the first non-beta release should come out in a week to 10 days, so please help us find any remaining issues that might be in beta 4.

Thanks everyone - I hope you all enjoy the new release!

- Brian

Last edited by Brian on 01/15/09 10:27; edited 2 times in total
CAPER

Posted: 01/07/09 11:19 
sounds great brian

rickallen

Posted: 01/07/09 13:16 
Brian,

Has the demo been updated yet? I still see the "the template file "jr_signup.tpl" does not exist or is not readable from the skins/Nova directory" error when trying to confirm signup with the email link in the demo with Nova skin.

Just wondering if this was fixed.

Thanks,
Rick

2tunes

Posted: 01/07/09 13:36 
Well it looks as if I have to rebuild my server so I can continue to test JR4. The new setting look exciting and I can't wait to get in to it.

I had been using an all in one OS from www.nuonce.net for my home server which is based on CentOS. Had lot's of fun with it but I'm thinking I would like to run another version of Linux, any thoughts or suggestion send me a PM.

TBones Cool

PS Happy New Year

Going Beyond The Reach Of Satellite
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/07/09 14:08 

rickallen:
Brian,

Has the demo been updated yet? I still see the "the template file "jr_signup.tpl" does not exist or is not readable from the skins/Nova directory" error when trying to confirm signup with the email link in the demo with Nova skin.

Just wondering if this was fixed.

Thanks,
Rick

Yes - the signup error has been fixed, but I have not updated the demo yet.

Thanks!

- Brian

rickallen

Posted: 01/07/09 14:34 
Why would I doubt it? Great work as always. I will download and upgrade tonight.

Thanks.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/07/09 14:41 
I've just updated the Demo too, so let me know if you see any issues.

Thanks!

- Brian

bodawg

Posted: 01/07/09 21:00 
Thanks Brian,

So far so good!

1 question.. I remember the mention of image filters.. how do you apply them? I'm not sure how the filters work but they sound cool! Wink

Thanks again,

-Rob

CodeSmith

Posted: 01/07/09 21:05 
Add &filter[]=filtername:filtervalue to the image.php url, i.e.

{$BAND_IMAGE_URL}&filter[]=reflection:25

There's a list of them somewhere, but I can't remember where exactly at the moment.

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
bodawg

Posted: 01/07/09 21:12 
Thanks Kyle,

I'll give it a shot! I thought it might be in the new jamroom 4 docs section some where but didn't see it.. that tripped me up for a second when I went to the documentation (LOL)

And I never got a chance to thank you for fixing up my ad manager before... Thank You Wink

-Rob

CodeSmith

Posted: 01/07/09 21:13 
No prob Wink

Note that you can chain filters as well to put multiple filters on an image.

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
geech

Posted: 01/08/09 16:05 
just was wondering once out of the beta stage will there be a change set..or will i have to change everything manually? also is the ability 2 tag ya music be in the final version of jamroom 4

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/08/09 17:29 

geech:
just was wondering once out of the beta stage will there be a change set..or will i have to change everything manually?

There will be a change set for Jamroom 3.4.x -> 4.0.0, so you could use that to see what has changed, but it may not help as much as there will be a lot of changes in it.

Quote:

also is the ability 2 tag ya music be in the final version of jamroom 4

No - it turns out this is not doable via FFMpeg - you cannot combine 2 audio streams (or at least my investigation has led me to this) - you can combine a video and audio, but I can't get 2 audio streams to work. You'll need to manually "tag" your MP3s if you need this feature. Sorry!

- Brian

mosfet

Posted: 01/09/09 06:39 
I've got something that I have run into. I do not currently use the rating system on my live site, when I disabled it on version 3 all the rating stars also were removed from the pages and themes.

In version 4 when I disable the ratings the stars still show up though you can not click on them on the main pages, like new music or pages like that but if I go to the artist page the rating feature is still enabled.

Any ideas on this?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/09/09 18:15 

mosfet:
I've got something that I have run into. I do not currently use the rating system on my live site, when I disabled it on version 3 all the rating stars also were removed from the pages and themes.

In version 4 when I disable the ratings the stars still show up though you can not click on them on the main pages, like new music or pages like that but if I go to the artist page the rating feature is still enabled.

Any ideas on this?

Currently the ratings on/off is not being checked, so I'll check this out.

Thanks!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core