Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom 4 has been released!
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/15/09 10:27 
After almost 4 months of development and testing, I'm very excited to announce that Jamroom 4.0.0 has finally been released!

I want to thank everyone for the patience over this last month as we worked through the 4 beta releases, trying to track down as many issues as possible before the "non beta" release today. Special thanks goes out to the beta team for your assistance in catching some of the trickier issues, as well as your ongoing day-to-day help improving Jamroom.

The Jamroom 4 release is an exciting new release for Jamroom, as I know many of you have been looking forward to this release for some time - it really is taking Jamroom to the next level both in terms of features, as well as design and "look and feel". We're really excited by the predominantly positive feedback that has come in so far for Jamroom 4, and with a new solid base for growth, 2009 should be an exciting year for Jamroom.

Some of the "big" new features in Jamroom 4 are:

• New "Nova" Skin and Theme - this is the first one you'll see when running Jamroom 4, and is the completely new look for Jamroom 4. The Nova Skin is much more "Web 2.0" then any previous Jamroom skin, and I know a lot of people are going to be using it as the base for their own sites and new designs.
  • a New Module API for building Jamroom Modules and Add-ons - this is going to be an on-going development effort through Jamroom 4.1 as we get more feedback on how it works, but provides developers with the functions and tools necessary to build Jamroom modules.
  • SEO URLs - Jamroom now has full SEO (Search Engine Optimized) URLs for the Jamroom Skin and Themes.
  • Image Filters for adding new "effects" to your Jamroom images.
  • new Media Approval system - this allows you to scan all uploaded Songs, Videos, Photos, Events and Vault Items and either approve or deny them. It also includes "MusicDNS" integration to help weed out copyrighted material.
  • All new Advanced Config Keys to allow further configurations and control over low-level Jamroom settings and behavior.
  • All new JamTube Jamroom Skin/Theme, based on the popular "YouTube" video Sharing site, this new skin and theme is part of the Skin Pack, and being 100% video centered, it is the perfect skin to use as a base for building your video sharing site.
  • The ability to Modify forum posts.
  • The Content module has been updated to allow multiple page content.
  • Plus a TON of other improvements, tweaks, enhancements and features. All Jamroom Skins and themes have been updated to work with the new Jamroom 4 features, and several have received design tweaks and changes to make them work better.

There's just too many features to list here, so make sure and check out the Jamroom Tracker for a list of changes and new additions:

http://www.jamroom.net/index.php?m=td_tracker&o=browse

The Jamroom 4 Core Downloads page has been updated with the new 4.0.0 release:

http://www.jamroom.net/Downloads4_Core

RELEASE NOTES:

• I'm in the process of getting the "Jamroom 4 Change Sets" online - I had hoped to have this done before the release, but it did not make it. To upgrade to Jamroom 4 you will want to download the FULL packages. Most scripts have changed in Jamroom 4 anyway, so the Change sets will only be slightly smaller.
  • Windows Servers are no longer being supported - we haven't done anything in the code to prevent Jamroom from running on a Windows Server, but there will no longer be any "exceptions" in the code for Windows, so running on Windows is NOT recommended nor supported any longer.
  • Documentation is being updated - this is going to be an ongoing process over the next month, but new Jamroom 4 specific pages will be added into the Jamroom 4 documentation section.
  • Jamroom 4 requires a valid license - if you purchased your initial Jamroom 3 license after August 1st, 2008, then the upgrade is free, otherwise you will want to pick up a Jamroom 4 upgrade license from this page: http://www.jamroom.net/Purchase?30

As always, if you are UPGRADING to Jamroom 4, PLEASE make sure and do a full backup of your site before you perform the upgrade. While we have tested Jamroom upgrades on various systems, supporting Jamroom for over 5 years has taught us that no 2 systems are the same, and so if you run into issues you are going to want to be able to "back out" of the upgrade, and you can only do this if you HAVE a backup, so please plan accordingly Wink

With all that said, thank you again everyone for all of the positive feedback we have received about Jamroom 4, and here's to a great 2009 as Jamroom gets even better!

- Brian

P.S. there is also a new "Multi Uploader" module I've added to the Modules section in the Marketplace:

http://www.jamroom.net/index.php?m=td_market&o=browse&category=Jamroom+4+Modules

Have fun!

Last edited by Brian on 01/19/09 10:50; edited 3 times in total
Prawn

Posted: 01/15/09 10:37 
Awesome...

So we can upgrade....(with a back up in place)

Douglas
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/15/09 11:01 
This is awesome Brian! Smile

Let the upgrades begin. Wink

Prawn

Posted: 01/15/09 11:54 
10/10 for the free modules.....love it

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 01/15/09 14:54 
I'm SUPER excited about this release! Very Happy

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
ktb1025

Posted: 01/15/09 15:07 
Great job Brian & the beta crew! Now that 4.0 is here I'm looking forward to the new and exciting features. I can't wait to DL and fire it up! Here's to a new level of JR!

Home of TTF-TV!!!
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 01/15/09 15:42 
It really is an amazing upgrade, and elevates Jamroom to the league above the league of it's own that it ruled throughout Jamroom 3. Who knows where things will go from here, but my guess is that we will be looking at a very different Jamroom world a year from now...

Thankyou Brian, great work!

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
playhouse

Posted: 01/15/09 15:43 
Congratulations on the new release...!!!

Are the "Packages" applicable to JR4 now?

Cheers

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/15/09 16:10 

playhouse:

Are the "Packages" applicable to JR4 now?

Do you mean the "Packages" on the purchase page? If so, yes - they've been updated for Jamroom 4.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

playhouse

Posted: 01/15/09 16:16 
Yes. Thats what I meant...

Awesome..Thanks Brian.

darsh

Posted: 01/15/09 17:43 
Awesome.......

Finally I can Launch My website. Have been waiting for the final version to come out.

Great Job brian and the rest of the jamroom team.

Thanks,
Darsh.

djsociopath

Posted: 01/15/09 19:27 
So to see if I can save myself a bunch of time.. has there been any changes from the last J4 releases on the Nova skin / Templates ?

Posted: 01/15/09 19:35 
multi uploader.... yoooooou my sir = win!!!!!!

Posted: 01/15/09 21:46 
Hey Brian,

Great news on the 4.0 release. Question: I have a Jamroom 4.0 license but don't have access to the 4.0 Bonus Pack. What do I need to do to get it? Thanks.

Brian "Morpheus B"

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 01/15/09 21:51 
Make sure you unlock your Jamroom 4 license through your Jamroom.net profile (like you did for your other licenses).

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

1234Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core