is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
FamBoom - facebook integration for jamroom
daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/21/10 17:03 

american:

Well... it seems to me that rather than reinventing the wheel...
This should be an upgrade to daddysylem DS_players from daddysylem DS_players...
I bought a couple DS_players over of the years believing they are easily embedded to any web page..

The last statement by daddysylem on this issue was :

Quote:
Posted: 15 Mar 2009 23:09
daddysylem

Hey Chris,
I think I have this worked out but I need to do some additional testing to make sure. Try to check back with me in a few days.

http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28716&start=0

I would hope dadysylem would get on this and fix it asap..

Who needs another 20$ player to do what DS JR_players are already supposed to do...
Twisted Evil

American......
You've taken that whole "quote" out of context.....
That "quote" had nothing to do with embeding HTML on a Facebook site. It had to do with the code snipper in the player displaying an "error" unless a song was actually played first. And yes that has been fixed in my player versions that have built in code snippers........

And my players already do exactly what they say they will do and that is......
They will "embed" and play songs on any site that will allow them to be embedded on.
But since Facebook will not allow HTML Embed code to be used on their site. The players can't ever be used there.
So there is nothing to fix....... Wink

And if "FamBoom" has the skill to create a Facebook App that will allow people to put music on their Facebook site, then I suggest you either support what he's doing OR be one of the few that "won't" be putting music on Facebook.

Thanks......
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
mixy

Posted: 03/21/10 18:12 

american:

Well... it seems to me that rather than reinventing the wheel...

This should be an upgrade to daddysylem DS_players from daddysylem DS_players...

I bought a couple DS_players over of the years believing they are easily embedded to any web page..

This module is not a player, Greg designs players and this application is not just a player.

rickallen

Posted: 03/23/10 14:55 
Ready to buy.

rickallen

Posted: 03/24/10 07:23 
In the demo it appears that only one artist can be selected at a time. I can certainly use this on my website FaceBook page to feature selected artists from my site. Just wondering if this is going to allow each artist on my site to add their music to their Facebook pages or will they have to purchase their own copy of the app?

emdiamond

Posted: 03/24/10 07:32 
Yes, I would also like this.

FamBoom:
Anybody like what they see and want it developing into a module for Jamroom 4?

I'll try and get something together this weekend if so, if there's no interest then i'll leave it on the back burner.

mixy

Posted: 03/24/10 08:00 

emdiamond:
Yes, I would also like this.

I know he is working on this and he would be making an official announcement soon.

Cheers

BeatRelease

Posted: 03/31/10 07:08 
This is going to be sick.

rickallen

Posted: 03/31/10 11:27 
I've got over 2000 FB fans patiently waiting.

FamBoom

Posted: 04/05/10 06:34 

rickallen:
In the demo it appears that only one artist can be selected at a time. I can certainly use this on my website FaceBook page to feature selected artists from my site. Just wondering if this is going to allow each artist on my site to add their music to their Facebook pages or will they have to purchase their own copy of the app?

The reason there is only one artist is because it was just a quick sample install to test this on.

Each purchase of the app will allow you to use it on one DOMAIN. Any number of users from that site can install the app onto their facebook wall and each can promote a different artist. Hopefully that clears that up.

The issues that i was having last week have now been resolved and FamBoom is officially released.

A quick run down of the features is below

Streaming of your Jamroom library directly on your facebook wall
    Auto suggest artist picker, to enable facebook users to select artists
    Invite friends to the application on facebook (viral nature)
    Display of facebook friends and the artists they support
    Display of strangers who have the application installed and the artists they support
    Customisable link back to your Jamroom install for signups/special offers

Price starts at $25 per domain or $35 with installation and Facebook configuration

As i don't have any previous modules to my name, there is a moneyback guarantee if people are unable to get the plugin working.

PM me for payment information and i will work on getting this on the marketplace once a few people have it happily installed and running.

mixy

Posted: 04/05/10 08:46 
I got it working real good,this is gonna be an instant hit for jamroom users since this has been one of the issues most of us (big facebook fans) Very Happy have been trying to accomplish.The best $25.00 i've spent in months.
The application does everything Famboom says it does, you can stream any selected artist on your facebook box or wall, and you can always change the artist at anytime (pretty cool).

rickallen:

Rickallen, to get multiple usage all ur users need to do is just go to the application on facebook and install it on their profile and add any artist from that domain.Your users dont need to get their copy.

I have it installed and working perfectly.
Thanks.

whodaniel

Posted: 04/05/10 10:39 
Where do you get this?

FamBoom

Posted: 04/05/10 10:46 

whodaniel:
Where do you get this?

Currently just PM me with your site URL and i will send payment details.. As soon as i get the paypal payment i'll email over the zip file and install instructions

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/05/10 10:52 

FamBoom:

whodaniel:
Where do you get this?

Currently just PM me with your site URL and i will send payment details.. As soon as i get the paypal payment i'll email over the zip file and install instructions

If this is a downloadable module, and fairly easy install, feel free to contact me at support@jamroom.net if you'd like to make it available in the Jamroom Marketplace.

Thanks!

- Brian

rickallen

Posted: 04/05/10 13:26 
Thanks Famboom for clearing that up. This goes beyond expectations. I'll drop you a line later tonight.

whodaniel

Posted: 04/06/10 08:58 
Mixy,

In what directory did you install? In your main directory or in the modules, or skins? Also how did you set the path in the dbappinclude.php file where is says:
$app_path = "?????"; //the path you uploaded the facebook directory to

I almost got it working correctly..But the page that it brings up is the default page of,
/index.php?t=artists

Also, on facebook it says, "Add $app_name_show to your profile:". Do you have that also?

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous123456789101112Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules