Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's:
validating signups email
mimi!

Posted: 03/26/07 07:34 
Hi Brian,
I contacted my host about the email validation and they said i am on a server that deosnt allow php to send mail through mail().They said i need to configure the script for SMTP using an email
address that i set up in my cPanel.
Can you help me a bit here. I dont know what script i need to configure. But if i have instructions, i can try.

Thanks

mimi!

Posted: 03/26/07 07:55 
I forgot to say that jamroom send me an emailwhen someone signs up but doesnt send the eprson the validation email and the forgot your password function doesnt send email either. Please help

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/26/07 08:10 

mimi!:
I forgot to say that jamroom send me an emailwhen someone signs up but doesnt send the eprson the validation email and the forgot your password function doesnt send email either. Please help

If Jamroom sends you an email when someone signs up, and you have not configured the SMTP settings in Jamroom, then it means the mail() function is working on your server regardless of what your host says.

If you want to use an external SMTP server, you'll need to enter your SMTP server settings in the Jamroom Config -> Email Settings section.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

mimi!

Posted: 03/26/07 08:24 
Thanks for replying brian is the smtp section it says enter SMTP Server Name what should i put in there? Its empty right now. And what should go into the rest of the smtp fields.
If jamroom can email me it should be able to email anyone else. i'm confused.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/26/07 08:27 

mimi!:
Thanks for replying brian is the smtp section it says enter SMTP Server Name what should i put in there? Its empty right now. And what should go into the rest of the smtp fields.
If jamroom can email me it should be able to email anyone else. i'm confused.

I don't have your SMTP server settings - that's something you'll need to get from your hosting provider - sorry!

Hope this helps!

- Brian

mimi!

Posted: 03/26/07 13:51 
I got the name for the smtp server , put that in and then stopped getting emails when someone signs up. I have deleted it and left those fields empty. Is there an external email program i could use that works with jamroom? I think its neccessary for the forget password function to work atleast if not the validation emails. Do let me know thanks.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace