Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
What was the reason to use OneAll
izhmel

Posted: 08/10/13 14:38 
What was the reason to use OneAll instead of Jamroom own Facebook module ?

Dazed

Posted: 08/10/13 15:28 
My two cents.....

Most companies are going this route. We implemented it at one of the companies I contracted with for about a year. The development time to create this kind of application where it integrates with 40-60 social sites would be an extremely long time. Think about it. You would need to sit and write all of the code that integrates with all of the social sites and then support all of the changes that Facebook and the others make on a daily basis.

There are several companies that have done this work and most are free up to a certain number of subscribers. They integrate very easy with all sites and they support all of the changes. When we implemented this at my company we had a team of 3 to put this in and we did it in about 2 weeks. If we were to develop it from scratch, it would have been a team of 25-30 looking. With development and test time of probably 2-3 months not including time for other departments to get us the requirement documents.

If you think of JR Devs doing this, they would have spent several months, maybe more, to do the same amount of work that OneAll provided in a day.

Make sense?

izhmel

Posted: 08/10/13 16:02 
Paid subscription like this and foxy cart is no good for Jamroom , Jamroom is getting too expensive

foxy cart $20 + oneall.com $ 8 + hosting if I was to use Jamroom hosting $320 / month = $348 x 12 =$4176 a year

all this adds up to be a formula to kill Jamroom like how foxy cart killed JR5. all because JR says it's allot of time to make there own modules , and please don't try to go against my wisdom , because it will backfire like how I predicted how JR5 will be killed by foxy cart, wanting to eat up the site owners profit margin

Are there any Jamroom sites making $ 4200 a year ?

Dazed

Posted: 08/10/13 16:26 
How many total members do you have?

izhmel

Posted: 08/10/13 16:29 
Are there any Jamroom sites making $ 4200 a year ?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/10/13 16:33 
What if you needed 3 jbservers accounts Iz? Have you thought of that?

foxy cart $20 + oneall.com $ 8 + hosting $960 / month = $988 x 12 =$11856 a year

And you might need to use load balancers, and duplicate your site across 3 continents for speedier access depending on the location of your customers. That gets really expensive.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
izhmel

Posted: 08/10/13 16:39 
Thanks SteveX for pointing this out, I don't know if the Jamroom team taught of this before getting in bed with third party affiliates that could jack up there prices just to buy a corporate blow job from the next local hoe, who will Just strap on her dildo and rock the hole

Last edited by izhmel on 08/10/13 16:53; edited 1 time in total
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/10/13 16:41 

Quote:
izhmel

Your next post is your thousandth! Do you get an office bonus for that?

Seriously though, you don't need to use oneall if you don't want to.

Personally I don't like it much, so I don't use it. It is effectively free though.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

izhmel

Posted: 08/10/13 16:46 
Are there any Jamroom sires making $11856 a year ?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/10/13 16:50 
Some would be making more, and some would be making less. There may be one making exactly $11856 but you'd need to be a fairly omnipotent tax man to know that, it isn't the sort of thing most businesses would tell you.

Shame that your thousandth post is exactly the same as 2 other posts in this thread, but I suppose that's in keeping with the previous 999. You are very consistent.

Dazed

Posted: 08/10/13 18:07 
ok so I just hit your site. You have less than a 100 artists so lets break this down lol.

JB Servers $10-$50 a month and I would suggest $10 - https://jbservers.net/hosting.php?spt=15
OneAll is free for the first 5000 users. You should be free for some time
Foxy Cart - $20

As I see it your month spending should be $30 a month. What is the problem? If I can spend $30 a month I would be pleased lol.

****edit****

I forgot to add at the rate you are going, you are going to need to add Jamroom Support. Mr. Green

izhmel

Posted: 08/10/13 18:54 
This is a developer's answer ,every one who in this forum hates foxy cart except for the JR team , why are they so few JR5 users ? , every time JR releases some thing new everyone gets it except for the new JR5 , mark my word foxy cart will assonate JR5

Dazed

Posted: 08/10/13 19:16 

izhmel:
This is a developer's answer ,every one who in this forum hates foxy cart except for the JR team , why are they so few JR5 users ? , every time JR releases some thing new everyone gets it except for the new JR5 , mark my word foxy cart will assonate JR5

I am not a developer nor do I work for Jamroom. I have been a somewhat long time user and that is it.

Why not stop using it entirely? I do not think JR is a good solution for you. I mean seriously, what is your goal with using a Jamroom product? It seems like you want to start a business but do not want any expenses. Don't we all?

All I see on here is just your negative comments toward an outstanding product. If you do not like it, just bail on it. Stop using it. Find an alternative. Build your own. You do not want help, you just want to whine. Your site should cost no more then $30 a month. If you can't afford that, you really have no business running a site anyway.

I get so tired of people wanting everything for free. Brian do you have the Jamroom Obama Plan? Free Jamroom, Hosting, Development Work etc. Maybe Brian could also do some marketing for you, at his expense of course. Don't worry about it Iz we have you covered for you. Just hit me up and I can put your site on my server and host it for you.

I am done with your posts. I can't deal with people who are just so negative and always look at any solution presented as just another negative. Every day you can wake up and say this is going to be a great day or a crap day. Whatever one you choose, your day will end up that way. How can you be so miserable? #therapy #meds

Good luck Iz. You have really provided a lot of comical posts on here.

izhmel

Posted: 08/10/13 19:32 
All these other people in the forum is wrong and wants something for free , and why is it all JR4 users did not switch to JR5 ???

http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=42563&highlight=pay+pal+jr5

http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=42145&highlight=pay+pal+jr5

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons