Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
HELP WANTED: beta testers for a design contests system
Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 10/03/11 20:01 
I have just finished a new section for earner.net. This new section is a design contest system.

The design contests system allows users to create a design contest and have designers submit designs to the contest.

The Contest Holder then chooses the winning design and that user gets the prize money. The contest holder gets the design.

Example: YourSite.com wants a new logo designed. Instead of putting it up as a project and have designers bid for the job like you can now, you put up the prize money. "$100 for whoever puts up the coolest design for Yoursite.com."

You pay the fees and designers start submitting designs. Once you find the design you like, you select it as a winner. The design becomes downloadable to you and the designer gets paid.

All the entries that do not win the competition get moved into the MARKETPLACE or the SERVICES section for sale, so even the designers who dont win can still sell their work if its original.

The designers submissions to the contest (if they are original ) which don't win can either choose to be offered as a service "I will make alterations to this design to fit your site." or as a downloadable product. "$XX for instant download."

------------------------------------
So thats the system, what I want is some people to help me test it and give me feedback. I have a testing system setup on a different domain.

If you can help me test the system and provide feedback on what does work, what is not clear, what was un-expected etc, please send me a PM. I will send you further instructions.

Thanks. Smile

--edit--
Just to avoid confusion, earner.net is built on jamroom. This new section is built using the jamroom module system, but I will not be putting the module in the Jamroom Marketplace. Its part of the earner.net system.

What I want help with is someone to start a contest on the beta site and tell me any troubles they had. submit a design to one of the test contests and tell me any troubles they had.

Last edited by Michael on 10/04/11 00:10; edited 2 times in total
whodaniel

Posted: 10/03/11 23:14 
I have to say; This is Very Cool!

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 10/03/11 23:20 
does that mean you would help take it for a test drive? If you would, ill send you the test user accounts and the location of the beta site.

whodaniel

Posted: 10/03/11 23:48 
That last double reply was a glitch someplace. Man you reply fast! And yep will send IM.
But also:

Hey,

Not sure if I can be of help to you or not, but this is actually a function I was thinking about wanting. I think there are some sites that do this type of thing.

I just now thought of a missing piece to it: Have it optional for the admin to set a submission fee. Contestant might pay the fee in light of the fact that even if they loose, their product would be submitted to the market.

And I might also as well say what I'm sure eventually somebody else would, which is, "Sounds Sweet, do the same for other media files!

And on that thought I am realizing that this would be perfect add-on features for the "battle mod", or put the multi-round tourney style competition into this.

'D ?
>

whodaniel

Posted: 10/04/11 00:14 
Ah I have to apologize; I skipped right over the fact that this is for earner.net. I was thinking you were releasing it as a mod. Still, I think my ideas warrant thinking about and after a little shut eye I will be glad to check your new system out! Wink

D
-

iLoveHouseMusic

Posted: 10/20/11 10:58 
I tested a Contest post, and sent you an email with a question.

Let me know what else I can do for yah!

Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons